Threaded View

Cat got your tounge, Joe? You never seem to be short of words when you are holding someone else accountable for the claims they make, so why so mum now?

Consider this discussion from last year, where a guy merely said that one website ranked higher than another, and you proceeded to make multiple lengthy posts about it, emailed him graphs of web page rankings, and posted multiple graphs on the forum. Eventually, you said this to him:

Quote Originally Posted by JoeTillman View Post
    ...how does this translate to the advice you give people that are making serious decisions about their lives?

I'm not going to let you get away with your BS and it is exactly my new position in this world that allows me to continue to hammer your lies, hypocrisy and vicious attacks on others without any worry of repercussions for my employer, since I now have none. I'm making it a point to quote everything you say and screenshot everything you say because you have a tendency to edit your postings a couple hours later. No more. Consider this a notice. I'm going to be on you like white on rice in a snowstorm and I'm going to call you on your BS every time you spew it. Here and everywhere else you post. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.
    So you said that you are going to follow this guy around the internet and call him out 'EVERY SINGLE TIME' that he spreads lies, hypocrisy, and attacks (and rightfully so), yet when presented with specific critiques of the claims you have made on your own website (where you advise people that are making serious decisions about their life), all of a sudden you cant be bothered to respond, because you 'really aren't that interested in the issue'.

Seriously? You put all that effort into proving someone wrong who said one website ranks higher than another, but wont put any effort into rebutting the specific and sourced critiques i have made about the claims you make on your website? Come on.

Another tidbit from that thread, was that early in the thread, that same person had made a comment implying you worked for a forum, and you responded with:

for some reason you insinuated that I work for a forum. I think. What the Hell was that about anyway? Care to prove this or are you going to make a veiled accusation and then slink away by not following up on it?
    and:

Please expound on this "you don't work for a forum......right" comment. I know this was sarcasm which means that you are saying I work for a forum. Which one? Or instead, admit you were trying to stir the pot and that you have no proof to base this off of.
    This is similar to what i posted earlier where a guy claimed you insulted him in a post you made, and you made multiple posts asking for him to quote where you did.

So how does this work? Proof is required to accuse you of secretly working for a forum, or to claim you insulted someone, but if you want to accuse someone (me) of being financially tied to the industry, and claim that a post i made is full of falsehoods and contradictions, you dont have to follow up on the accusation or quote the falsehoods and contradictions?

So, Joe, can you point out the falsehoods and contradictions rife in my post, or say why you think i am financially tied to the industry? Or, as you put it, would you rather admit you were trying to stir the pot, and that you have no proof to base those accusations off of? Pot, kettle.

A little over a year ago, someone was criticizing your website on another forum (although they didn't list specifics, and were being very immature), and you told them:

Regardless, if you find something wrong with my website, list them out and email or private message me. I'll see if your claims are legitimate and I'll make changes based on these truths. If you are all for the truth then you shouldn't have an issue with this and you should be happy to help.
    So, was that like a one time offer to the public or something?

Why did you encourage the guy that was ranting like a third grader to list out his claims so you could look into them, but when i took the time to list out, explain, and source my concerns, you refuse to even read them?

"If you are all for the truth..."
    Well, i dont know about the guy you said that to, but i am. Are you?

And if Joe cant be bothered to defend his claims, I encourage anyone else in the tricopigmentation industry to rebut the observations i have made.

In a strange twist of fate, on another forum someone was disparaging the results and reputation of a tricopigmentation clinic owner. I spoke up strongly in support of not only the results from that clinic, but also for the character of the owner. Later I found out that Joe had sold his website to that very same person, so hopefully that makes it more clear that im not just a disgruntled competitor trying to trash tricopigmentation or something.

Ive said many times that i think Joe is a good guy, and there is no question that he helps many many people with advice about hair transplants. That doesn't give him a pass to play fast and loose with advice on SMP, though... at least from me. Someone help me understand how the things Joe has said aren't the same type of misleading, disingenuous, bogus rhetoric that we all claim to be so opposed to.

One last note, i started this discussion to give Joe a chance to defend the criticisms i have made. If he wont, or cant, then i will assume my obserations are valid. If so, i intend to spread this information across every hairloss forum i can find, and warn people that Joe Tillman and Ahead Ink are engaging in unscrupulous advertising.