+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default 5000 FUT Dr Wong

Hi,

Photos at the bottom.

Currently I'm 1 month post op from a 5000 graft mega session with Dr. Wong. I can say after actually going through with the procedure this decision is certainly not something to take lightly I've come to realize several things. That many other people say.

1.) You don't need this surgery, in fact it will impair your ability to live your life at least temporarily.

2.) I'm 33 and that might be too young to do this. This will put you on an emotional and psychological rollercoaster that is tough to deal with. I go from thinking I've made a horrible decision to being excited day to day.

3.) Don't do it if you won't have some sort of support network the following months after surgery, so all you guys in your 20's wanting to do this to feel good, you won't at least not for a while. Also I see young guys restoring their hairline and and it's just going to leave a weird gap later. You may need to wait till your older and have lost more to avoid that situation.

Currently I have no idea if this will be a success or failure and it's tough to deal with. I still wear a hat in public but could possibly not if I really had too. I'm going to keep updating this thread as things progress. I've started a very small dose of proscar since the surgery.

Pre Op:

1 week:

1 month:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0110.jpg

Size:	75.6 KB
ID:	47421   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0387.jpg

Size:	31.6 KB
ID:	47422   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0394.jpg

Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	47423  

Quote Originally Posted by Stevedawg18 View Post
    Hi,

Photos at the bottom.

Currently I'm 1 month post op from a 5000 graft mega session with Dr. Wong. I can say after actually going through with the procedure this decision is certainly not something to take lightly I've come to realize several things. That many other people say.

1.) You don't need this surgery, in fact it will impair your ability to live your life at least temporarily.

2.) I'm 33 and that might be too young to do this. This will put you on an emotional and psychological rollercoaster that is tough to deal with. I go from thinking I've made a horrible decision to being excited day to day.

3.) Don't do it if you won't have some sort of support network the following months after surgery, so all you guys in your 20's wanting to do this to feel good, you won't at least not for a while. Also I see young guys restoring their hairline and and it's just going to leave a weird gap later. You may need to wait till your older and have lost more to avoid that situation.

Currently I have no idea if this will be a success or failure and it's tough to deal with. I still wear a hat in public but could possibly not if I really had too. I'm going to keep updating this thread as things progress. I've started a very small dose of proscar since the surgery.

Pre Op:

1 week:

1 month:
    Welcome to the forum, Steve, and thank your for your post. I think you share some valid points that everyone should think of. That said the best thing for you to do is to forget this as much as you can and remember that the worst part of the surgery is now and till you reach around the six to seven month mark. In the end, I think you'll be fine. Dr. Wong is my doctor and I'm always thank to him for his incredible work he did for me.

Keep us all updated and thanks again for sharing.
    Joe Tillman
    The original Hair Transplant Mentor

Interested to know which doctors I recommend?
    See the full list at HairTransplantMentor.com/hair-transplant-doctors

Thanks for a valid and thought worthy post. Your case will be interesting to follow due to your age, level of baldness and the mega session you just went through. One things for certain you chose a great Dr. for your given situation. As someone who got his first transplant at age 19, I can certainly understand your feelings at this point.
    I think for you as the months pass you will gain thr reasoning for your decision. Welcome to the forum. You will find a lot of support here.
    Looking forward to your future posts and images!

Why do you think (sometimes) that it was a mistake?

The reason I sometimes feel it was a mistake is that, while I hated losing my hair, once it was mostly gone there is a certain peace to being bald or in my case mostly bald. Perhaps getting a HT is opening that can of worms again. Ultimately I went through with it because I had an appointment scheduled last year and canceled it but found myself thinking if I had just went through with it the results would be in now.

Thought I'd update this thread. So I got a haircut last week and everything is even now, so no longer where a hat around. Hair on the sides is probably a 3-4 guard length although it was done with scissors so can't be sure. There is piece where the scar is visible but you'd have to be looking for it or know what it is to recognize it so I'm not that worried. Starting to see a little growth on top. Feel like I'm mostly out of the "ugly duckling" phase as I look pretty much the same as before my HT so I'm fine walking in my current state.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0395.jpg

Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	48057   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0397.jpg

Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	48058   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0399.jpg

Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	48059  

Default 3.5 month update

Hi,

A little over 3.5 months here. Growth has definitely started. The photo is taken in a little less harsh light than the others so may seem a little better than it is.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0430.jpg

Size:	90.1 KB
ID:	48679

Few things I've been thinking at this stage. I didn't really anticipate what I'd do if people noticed a change. My friend recently asked me "are you growing hair". I kinda got weird and said "I don't think so" but I'm going to go back and tell him the truth, just wasn't prepared at the time. Also I saw my old boss the other day and he kept looking at me. I'm wondering if he noticed. Oh well I don't really care that much because it doesn't seem to look unnatural. I did a mega session with close to 5000 grafts but at this point I'm starting to wonder if I could do it over maybe I'd do less so the change isn't so drastic and won't draw as much attention to me. That's it for now, I'll probably update again in a month or so.

Looking good! Thanks for the update and hang in there!

It's looking good.

Do you have any photos of the back and crown?

Thanks for the update. Your results so far look unbelievably natural. Good growth in a short amount of time. Given how you are growing, someone would probably need to know you quite personally to notice your transition. If there is anyone who notices that you wouldn't want to know exactly what you did, you could always tell them you started taking Finasteride to try and thicken your hair up (which is actually true). I'm sure the months ahead you will have a better understanding why you didn't cancel this one. Please keep us posted, you have an interesting case. Happy growin!