+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Now this is what I call a hair transplant!

High NW Case vs Top Doctor + Lot of grafts

Default Month 5

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0467.jpg

Size:	83.3 KB
ID:	49263Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0468.jpg

Size:	69.3 KB
ID:	49264

One photo is under harsh direct light the other isn't. I started on proscar 5 months ago as well and have upped to the full dose in about the last 2 months. At this point I feel like things are looking good, strange to think more is on the way. I can't say I have any regrets at this point.

looking good mate. Better to regret the things you've done than the things you haven't done. I am sure you have no regrets by now! One question though. Why you went for FUT? As I am about the same age as you I went for FUE as I don't know yet how my hair loss will progress and I want to keep the buzzed look open for the future, possibly in combination with SMP.

Hi, I went FUT because while researching the prior couple years I hadn't seen many FUE cases for someone with my degree of loss that were very impressive. Had I started researching now I may have ended up going FUE because I have seen them now. That is one thing that nags at me a bit. However I can say the scar isn't bad. I can cut my hair short and I think the results are looking good so can't really complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevedawg18 View Post
    Attachment 49263Attachment 49264

One photo is under harsh direct light the other isn't. I started on proscar 5 months ago as well and have upped to the full dose in about the last 2 months. At this point I feel like things are looking good, strange to think more is on the way. I can't say I have any regrets at this point.
    Are you using finasteride or rogaine?

Hi, Proscar is finastride.

Thanks for your answer. I almost went for FUT myself because more grafts, cheaper etc. But then I cancelled due to the scar. Not only the fact that it could be visible when buzzed 1mm but also as I believe the healing tie takes much longer. However, on this side of the ocean clinics hardly do any FUT anymore.

Great update Stevedawg! Your making great progress. Has anyone, family, coworkers, friends, etc... made any comments or noticed. I only ask because you look to have a very natural progression. Look forward to seeing more images from you in the months ahead! Congrats........

Hi, yeah I'm not going to lie the recovery from FUT is pretty rough. My head swelled up pretty big for a few days and had staples in my head for 2 weeks. As for people noticing yes I've had a few knowing looks from coworkers but for the most part I think people are more concerned with their own lives.

Stevedawg,

Nice update and I'm happy for your final result. As a Dr. Wong patient myself, I know exactly what you went through.

I think it is important however to clarify the healing issue. Your swelling was not due to this being a FUSS procedure, it is due to the number of incisions made and how your body reacted to it. The swelling was a combination of edema and also the saline that was injected into your scalp for tumescence. Some patients will swell worse than others but this happens with FUE patients as well.

The staples, however, are of course unique to FUSS and I agree that they can be a bitch. For me, they itched like crazy at the second week but the overall area of the incision line was mildly tender.

Regardless, I wanted to clarify this issue for anyone reading this. Again, thanks for the update and congratulations on your result.

Btw, that comment about people being more concerned about their own lives to concern themselves with you? Spot on! That's how it works
    Joe Tillman
    The original Hair Transplant Mentor

Interested to know which doctors I recommend?
    See the full list at HairTransplantMentor.com/hair-transplant-doctors