X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Billena
    Doctor Representative
    • Dec 2012

Dr. Carlos K. Wesley: No Surgery. No Pills

This patient can be seen before and a few months after only: 1) a single treatment of platelet-rich plasma (PRP) and 2) daily use of our topical hair growth blend.

This 32-year-old man did not have good luck with Propecia or Minoxidil. After experiencing profound unwanted side effects with the Propecia pill and then marked shedding after use of topical minoxidil (Rogaine) for months, he stopped taking both medications and came to our office for help.

Although he was a candidate for either follicular unit extraction (FUE) or follicular unit transplantation (FUT), he opted for a more conservative approach to hair restoration. In addition to a PRP session, he used our topical hair growth blend (with finasteride as an active ingredient) daily. He was relieved to not experience any side effects while using the topical formula and was thrilled with the progress of his hair growth.

We will continue to post more results with this conservative therapy on our Results Gallery.

1050 Fifth Avenue
    New York, NY 10028
    (844) 745-6362
    www.drcarloswesley.com
  • JohnMPB
    • Nov 2009

what are the active ingredients in the topical hair regrowth blend and how do we obtain it?

Comment

• MarieEvo
      Doctor Representative
      • Apr 2016

Hi, JohnMPB.

The active ingredients are Minoxidil, Finasteride and Caffeine. Please call our office at (844)745-6362 to get more information about obtaining the Hair Growth Blend.

Thanks and have a wonderful day!
      I have worked with 26 different hair restoration doctors throughout my career. I have now been a nurse working with Dr. Wesley for more than a decade.

Carlos K. Wesley, M.D.
      1050 Fifth Avenue
      New York, NY 10028
      Phone (844) 745-6362
      www.drcarloswesley.com

Comment

• JohnMPB
        • Nov 2009

I always assumed caffeine should not be used with minoxidil as it is a vasoconstrictor and minox is a vasidilator.

Comment

• johnnyboots
          • Feb 2011

Originally posted by JohnMPB
          I always assumed caffeine should not be used with minoxidil as it is a vasoconstrictor and minox is a vasidilator.
          Are u going to inquire?

Comment

• mlc2010
            • Jun 2016

I'm not suggesting anything untoward is going on, but the first picture.. on the second picture, the hair is grown long on the lateral humps, and swept over to the midscalp. why?

When your before picture has it swept out of the way. It almost looks like your trying to improve the images to sell a product that doesnt really do much

Click image for larger version

Name:	Slide1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	440825

Comment

• Carlos Wesley, MD
              IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon
              • Nov 2012

@JohnMPB: Those are both correct physiologic effects (vasoconstriction & vasodilation) that effectively balance each other out. Neither of them, however, have a direct effect on hair growth. What we have found is that patients who may have experienced headaches, nausea, or dizziness (often due to vasodilation) are better able to tolerate minoxidil when a caffeine component is included.

@mlc2010: Here is a magnified image of the exact same point on the patient's scalp before and a few months after. Now, we do not expect every patient to respond as profoundly positively as this patient did to the combination of PRP, and our topical blend. We have been pleased to observe that combination therapy appears to raise the likelihood of patients' positive hair growth response within a few months after initiating treatment.

Carlos Wesley, MD
              Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
              View my IAHRS Profile

1050 Fifth Avenue
              New York, NY 10028
              844-745-6362
              http://www.drcarloswesley.com
              info@drcarloswesley.com

Comment

• Ziggyz123
                • Feb 2015

Dr. Wesley, where on the scalp was that photo taken? As in, what part (rear, side, frontal region etc..) there is a lot of reversal of minaturization apparent in that photo.. What was the time frame between photos also?

That small image speaks louder than the image of the patients entire head mainly because of the combover. I'm interested in this procedure because I'm still losing and minaturizing on dutasteride and was on finasteride.

Thanks!

Comment

• Ziggyz123
                  • Feb 2015

Oh wait, I thought you were injecting prp mixed with minoxidil. I didn't see that the minoxidil was applied topically

Comment

• AbuHanifa786
                    • May 2016

wow this is really amazing...

Comment

• Billena
                      Doctor Representative
                      • Dec 2012

Hi Abu-yes, the result was really amazing. To say that the patient was thrilled would be an understatement!
                      1050 Fifth Avenue
                      New York, NY 10028
                      (844) 745-6362
                      www.drcarloswesley.com

Comment

• LongWayHome
                        • Nov 2012

The "after photo" is a classic comb-over.
                        The guy grew his hair on the sides where he still had and simply "moved" it to the center,
                        like many do without any product.

Comment

• JohnMPB
                          • Nov 2009

The magnified photo does indeed show thickening of hair, I wish the hair styles were the same however so we could judge just how much of a global change there was.

However, topical fin is proven to only work to the extent that it is absorbed internally into the blood stream. Why did you just not have the patient take oral fin since it's easier and has long term safety and efficacy studies as compared to topical?

Comment

• cardib
                            • Jan 2016

are consults free?

Originally posted by Carlos Wesley, MD
                            @JohnMPB: Those are both correct physiologic effects (vasoconstriction & vasodilation) that effectively balance each other out. Neither of them, however, have a direct effect on hair growth. What we have found is that patients who may have experienced headaches, nausea, or dizziness (often due to vasodilation) are better able to tolerate minoxidil when a caffeine component is included.

@mlc2010: Here is a magnified image of the exact same point on the patient's scalp before and a few months after. Now, we do not expect every patient to respond as profoundly positively as this patient did to the combination of PRP, and our topical blend. We have been pleased to observe that combination therapy appears to raise the likelihood of patients' positive hair growth response within a few months after initiating treatment.

Comment

• DD1
                              • Jul 2016

Originally posted by mlc2010
                              I'm not suggesting anything untoward is going on, but the first picture.. on the second picture, the hair is grown long on the lateral humps, and swept over to the midscalp. why?

When your before picture has it swept out of the way. It almost looks like your trying to improve the images to sell a product that doesnt really do much

[ATTACH=CONFIG]47420[/ATTACH]
                              That is exactly what i thought...a comb over.
                              Last edited by Winston; 07-18-2016, 11:47 AM. Reason: Please refer to our posting policies and TOS.

Comment

Working...