Dr. Carlos K. Wesley: No Surgery. No Pills

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • marklin
    • Jan 2017

It looks amazing! What is the concentration of topical Finasteride and Minoxidil? 0.1% Finasteride? 5% Minoxidil?

Comment

• Rizaan
      • Dec 2014

Clearly looks like a combover. I can almost imagine a gust of wind messing that up in seconds.
      There definitely is regrowth but not as much as you're trying to show with the combover

Comment

• Billena
        Doctor Representative
        • Dec 2012

Hi Abu,
        Yes, his results were pretty remarkable!
        1050 Fifth Avenue
        New York, NY 10028
        (844) 745-6362
        www.drcarloswesley.com

Comment

• cardib
          • Jan 2016

Originally posted by Billena
          Hi Abu,
          Yes, his results were pretty remarkable!
          are consults free

Comment

• Billena
            Doctor Representative
            • Dec 2012

Yes, the results in this case were pretty amazing!
            1050 Fifth Avenue
            New York, NY 10028
            (844) 745-6362
            www.drcarloswesley.com

Comment

• Carlos Wesley, MD
              IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon
              • Nov 2012

We are not a company, cardib. I am an individual practitioner. I don't think launching insults from behind a private avatar is the best way to advance an informative thread. I will, however, address other comments related to this topic.

For those who would like to learn more about PRP (how it works, how often it works, and for whom it may work best), I encourage you to watch the Grand Rounds Lecture I gave recently found on our PRP page.

Not everyone has hair characteristics that are most likely to benefit from PRP treatment, those should be evaluated in person by a physician. There are plenty of places that may offer free consults. A few of them are even performed by the physician. My one-hour consultations are not free because there are a myriad of treatments that are covered. Surgery is only discussed when it is in the patient's best interest.

The topical's efficacy is not directly proportional to its blood stream absorption. In this patient's case, he took oral finasteride for months and experienced profound side effects. He now uses a topical form of finasteride and has not had side effects.
              Carlos Wesley, MD
              Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
              View my IAHRS Profile

1050 Fifth Avenue
              New York, NY 10028
              844-745-6362
              http://www.drcarloswesley.com
              info@drcarloswesley.com

Comment

• VictimOfDHT
                • Apr 2011

PRP has been around long enough for us to know that it doesn't work that well and it sure is no miracle fix. It might help a little but I've yet to see someone getting a full head of hair after a PRP treatment. I can say the guy in the pic will NEVER get a full head of hair again even after 100 PRPs. Can you tell me otherwise.

The other thing, and I know it's already been mentioned by others but the comb-over is so obvious on this patient. That doesn't help your case.
                Also, if this guy's using Minox and Fin, then isn't it possible they're the ones behind any improvements he is experiencing?

There might be some truth to PRP but I'm not convinced it does that much.

Comment

• Ahab
                  • Jul 2014

Originally posted by Carlos Wesley, MD
                  We are not a company, cardib. I am an individual practitioner. I don't think launching insults from behind a private avatar is the best way to advance an informative thread. I will, however, address other comments related to this topic.

For those who would like to learn more about PRP (how it works, how often it works, and for whom it may work best), I encourage you to watch the Grand Rounds Lecture I gave recently found on our PRP page.

Not everyone has hair characteristics that are most likely to benefit from PRP treatment, those should be evaluated in person by a physician. There are plenty of places that may offer free consults. A few of them are even performed by the physician. My one-hour consultations are not free because there are a myriad of treatments that are covered. Surgery is only discussed when it is in the patient's best interest.

The topical's efficacy is not directly proportional to its blood stream absorption. In this patient's case, he took oral finasteride for months and experienced profound side effects. He now uses a topical form of finasteride and has not had side effects.
                  Have you or anyone experimented with simply sticking needles into the scalp in the same way as when doing PRP, except without injecting any plasma? I'm wondering if it's the act of injury caused by the needle alone that is stimulating hair growth.

Comment

• Winston
                    • Mar 2009

Dear cardib,

Please take the time to read our Forum Posting Rules & Terms of Service. Members are responsible to learn and follow all rules and policies in order to participate on this forum. Violation of any of our polices will place the violator's account into moderation for evaluation without any prior notification.

To all members, let's please try to keep this thread on track and civil.

Thank you for your understanding in this matter.

Comment

• Artista
                      • Apr 2010

Hello Dr. Wesley and hello to everybody here!!

Comment

Working...