+ Reply to Thread

Smile Incredibly Cost Efficient Way to Get Finasteride and other helpful hints.

Hey Guys,
    First post here. Never thought (or hoped) I'd be joining a forum for hairloss, but here I am. First of all, I've bean reading posts on this site for a long time. A lot are helpful, but many just dissolve into arguments in which each side references contradicting studies and personal experiences. My own approach to combatting hair loss focuses around analyzing the main cause of MPB, which I have discovered through forums, anecdotal evidence, and scientific journals to be DHT. This shouldn't be a surprise to anyone, but I just want to establish my method of analyzing and treating the causes of MPB.
    After a month or so of research, I decided to begin finasteride. I have been on it for 3 weeks or so, and have noticed neither an improvement in hairloss (which is typical for the first few months), nor any of the sexual side effects. Personally, I believe this is medication has had enough study and verification to make it the most effect tool in the arsenal against hairloss, and may actually cause regrowth in a certain portion of patients.
    Regardless of whether or not you believe it works, or whether or not you think the side effects outweigh the benefits, I want to help those who are interested in the drug, but might not know how to best go about it, or to make it an affordable treatment option.

For college students: I am a college student, and was able to get a prescription just by explaining my problems, and making it clear how much the idea of being bald terrified me. My on campus dermatologist prescribed it without issue.

For those without a university health center: Make an appointment with a dermatologist within your health insurance, and explain your issue. He may discuss with you the possible side effects (which I peresonally believe have been widely exaggerated by the minority who experience them) but insist that you would like a prescription for the standard 1mg.

***Important! Regardless of how you get the RX, make sure the doctor hands it to you in paper copy***

With the paper RX in hand, go to your local Costco. Federal regulations mandate that any pharmacy serve any customer, regardless of Costco club membership. For me, they filled a 90 day 1mg prescription for only $21. In short, I pay $7 a month for legitimate, pharmacy distributed finasteride. No pill cutting, and no ordering from online, unreliable pharmacies.

In Summary: I am not pushing this drug on anyone. I believe its efficacy has been proven, and that the side effects are negligible. I simply wanted to share a simple, cost effective way to get legitimate finasteride to those who want it.

Thanks, and feel free to comment or ask any questions I can help answer.

What if you have no costco? What is next best cheapest option? We have a sams club so I was thinking that, but if I cant find it cheap then im not going to take it. Large monthly expenses add up