16 Receding hairline already? (Pics Included)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chrlhyms
    • Jun 2016

16 Receding hairline already? (Pics Included)

Hi, My hairline has been an odd shape for a long period of time where one side has lost the "baby hairs" at the front whereas the other side seems relatively normal, i was wondering if this is an early sign of a receding hairline or if it was just a mature hairline forming.

I had noticed this for a few months and the hairline hasn't changed from what i have observed.

Thanks.
  • chrlhyms
    • Jun 2016

This was also my hairline 2 years ago.

Comment

• KeepTheFaith
      • Jun 2016

Hate to say but yes it looks like it is starting to happen.However by talking to your doctor about it Im sure he/she can recommend some things to help like minoxidil.But do check with your doctor first.

Comment

• chrlhyms
        • Jun 2016

Originally posted by KeepTheFaith
        Hate to say but yes it looks like it is starting to happen.However by talking to your doctor about it Im sure he/she can recommend some things to help like minoxidil.But do check with your doctor first.
        Oh seriously? I will have to go at some point then, i was hoping that it would just be maturing haha

Comment

• KeepTheFaith
          • Jun 2016

It could be that too or even something from combing your back and tying it.But it looks to me like the early signs one way or another.I reckon it is best to be assessed by a doctor at this point.There are many factors to be considered as to what could be causing this.Anyway,I am new here not as seasoned as many of the others here and I think that is where to start.Just an opinion too.

Comment

• eighteen
            • Mar 2015

Ya looks like beggining mpb

Comment

• chrlhyms
              • Jun 2016

Originally posted by eighteen
              Ya looks like beggining mpb
              great... ahah, thank you-do you suggest i go to a doctor?

Comment

• chrlhyms
                • Jun 2016

Originally posted by KeepTheFaith
                It could be that too or even something from combing your back and tying it.But it looks to me like the early signs one way or another.I reckon it is best to be assessed by a doctor at this point.There are many factors to be considered as to what could be causing this.Anyway,I am new here not as seasoned as many of the others here and I think that is where to start.Just an opinion too.
                I see, thank you for your opinion i will probably go to the doctor after my exams have finished and see what they say

Comment

• eighteen
                  • Mar 2015

Originally posted by chrlhyms
                  great... ahah, thank you-do you suggest i go to a doctor?
                  Yes

Comment

• Hairbrain
                    • Apr 2016

Go to a dermatologist that specializes in hair loss. At this point and being this young the sooner you act the better. Usually if you start experiencing MPB this early in your life and do nothing, you more than likely will be a high norwood case by your mid to late 20's if not before. If keeping your hair is important to you, you must remain vigilant. Educate yourself here and elsewhere. You could start Minoxidil, but take note it is a temporary bandaid in most cases and only usually works for the crown. You will eventually need to at least consider Finasteride as a long term solution, but at 16 you'll probably have to wait. I will leave you with this, its much easier to try and save as much native hair you have now as opposed to attempting to surgically move it around later. That is of course untill or unless there is ever a real cure. Don't wait for it!

Comment

• chrlhyms
                      • Jun 2016

Thank you for your advice! Yeah i'm just quite worried, as i feel i can't be this young for this to happening ? and im planning to go to the doctors after m exams have finished and then see what they say.. I live in the UK so i'm not too sure where my nearest hair dermatologist is and i dont think that they're free either. I also realised the photo of me 2 years ago i had nothing really to compare to in that same position so i took a picture of myself in a similar position and wet hair to compare.

Thank you again for your advice; its just typical that i would go bald on top of everything else haha-i was just hoping it would be my mature hairline

Heres a picture of me the other day vs two years ago:

Comment

• Hairbrain
                        • Apr 2016

Originally posted by chrlhyms
                        Thank you for your advice! Yeah i'm just quite worried, as i feel i can't be this young for this to happening ? and im planning to go to the doctors after m exams have finished and then see what they say.. I live in the UK so i'm not too sure where my nearest hair dermatologist is and i dont think that they're free either. I also realised the photo of me 2 years ago i had nothing really to compare to in that same position so i took a picture of myself in a similar position and wet hair to compare.

Thank you again for your advice; its just typical that i would go bald on top of everything else haha-i was just hoping it would be my mature hairline

Heres a picture of me the other day vs two years ago:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]47299[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]47298[/ATTACH]
                        Becareful with what Drs. you take advice from. Really make sure you educate yourself first. I started balding at 15 and at that time there was nothing but Minoxidil which only helped for a little while then stopped working completely. I got my first HT at 19, and in the 90's this also was not a wise decision on my part. Today you have more viable options to slow down, stop and if you someday feel it's necessary, surgical solutions which have come a long way. I'll reiterate, best advice I can give you as a hair loss veteran and one who has learned the hard way is to educte yourself and research the topic, and then when you're finished with that research some more! If you don't want to accept hair loss remain vigilant and never give up...........

Comment

• Calvin
                          • May 2016

Hey bud, your hair doesn't look bad at all although u may have a little hair loss starting. Whatever u decide to do. Don't use finasteride! And don't let a dr tell u its safe!

Comment

• chrlhyms
                            • Jun 2016

Originally posted by Calvin
                            Hey bud, your hair doesn't look bad at all although u may have a little hair loss starting. Whatever u decide to do. Don't use finasteride! And don't let a dr tell u its safe!
                            Hey thank you for reassuring me-ill keep that in mind! im taking pictures 2 months apart to see if theres any progression but i will post on here and see what the doctor says. I've heard a lot of people who have gone to the doctor and they've simply said it was just the maturation of the hairline but in 2 years it hasn't really changed dramatically and i did enter puberty very young (think i had armpit hair when i was like 11 haha).

thanks again

Comment

• chrlhyms
                              • Jun 2016

Originally posted by Hairbrain
                              Becareful with what Drs. you take advice from. Really make sure you educate yourself first. I started balding at 15 and at that time there was nothing but Minoxidil which only helped for a little while then stopped working completely. I got my first HT at 19, and in the 90's this also was not a wise decision on my part. Today you have more viable options to slow down, stop and if you someday feel it's necessary, surgical solutions which have come a long way. I'll reiterate, best advice I can give you as a hair loss veteran and one who has learned the hard way is to educte yourself and research the topic, and then when you're finished with that research some more! If you don't want to accept hair loss remain vigilant and never give up...........
                              Thank you so much, yeah i guess there are a lot more options however i will definitely look into the side effects of each if the doctor suggests that i do have a receding hair line, i'm a bit in denial at the moment until i hear from an actual professional but i have no doubt that most people on here are all very experienced in receding hairlines.

Yeah thank you for your kind words it has made me feel a lot better, it is probably because i started puberty very young that everything is happening earlier than it should be

Comment

Working...