+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thank you for your advice! Yeah i'm just quite worried, as i feel i can't be this young for this to happening ? and im planning to go to the doctors after m exams have finished and then see what they say.. I live in the UK so i'm not too sure where my nearest hair dermatologist is and i dont think that they're free either. I also realised the photo of me 2 years ago i had nothing really to compare to in that same position so i took a picture of myself in a similar position and wet hair to compare.

Thank you again for your advice; its just typical that i would go bald on top of everything else haha-i was just hoping it would be my mature hairline

Heres a picture of me the other day vs two years ago:

Attachment 47299Attachment 47298

Quote Originally Posted by chrlhyms View Post
    Thank you for your advice! Yeah i'm just quite worried, as i feel i can't be this young for this to happening ? and im planning to go to the doctors after m exams have finished and then see what they say.. I live in the UK so i'm not too sure where my nearest hair dermatologist is and i dont think that they're free either. I also realised the photo of me 2 years ago i had nothing really to compare to in that same position so i took a picture of myself in a similar position and wet hair to compare.

Thank you again for your advice; its just typical that i would go bald on top of everything else haha-i was just hoping it would be my mature hairline

Heres a picture of me the other day vs two years ago:

Attachment 47299Attachment 47298
    Becareful with what Drs. you take advice from. Really make sure you educate yourself first. I started balding at 15 and at that time there was nothing but Minoxidil which only helped for a little while then stopped working completely. I got my first HT at 19, and in the 90's this also was not a wise decision on my part. Today you have more viable options to slow down, stop and if you someday feel it's necessary, surgical solutions which have come a long way. I'll reiterate, best advice I can give you as a hair loss veteran and one who has learned the hard way is to educte yourself and research the topic, and then when you're finished with that research some more! If you don't want to accept hair loss remain vigilant and never give up...........

Hey bud, your hair doesn't look bad at all although u may have a little hair loss starting. Whatever u decide to do. Don't use finasteride! And don't let a dr tell u its safe!

Quote Originally Posted by Calvin View Post
    Hey bud, your hair doesn't look bad at all although u may have a little hair loss starting. Whatever u decide to do. Don't use finasteride! And don't let a dr tell u its safe!
    Hey thank you for reassuring me-ill keep that in mind! im taking pictures 2 months apart to see if theres any progression but i will post on here and see what the doctor says. I've heard a lot of people who have gone to the doctor and they've simply said it was just the maturation of the hairline but in 2 years it hasn't really changed dramatically and i did enter puberty very young (think i had armpit hair when i was like 11 haha).

thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by Hairbrain View Post
    Becareful with what Drs. you take advice from. Really make sure you educate yourself first. I started balding at 15 and at that time there was nothing but Minoxidil which only helped for a little while then stopped working completely. I got my first HT at 19, and in the 90's this also was not a wise decision on my part. Today you have more viable options to slow down, stop and if you someday feel it's necessary, surgical solutions which have come a long way. I'll reiterate, best advice I can give you as a hair loss veteran and one who has learned the hard way is to educte yourself and research the topic, and then when you're finished with that research some more! If you don't want to accept hair loss remain vigilant and never give up...........
    Thank you so much, yeah i guess there are a lot more options however i will definitely look into the side effects of each if the doctor suggests that i do have a receding hair line, i'm a bit in denial at the moment until i hear from an actual professional but i have no doubt that most people on here are all very experienced in receding hairlines.

Yeah thank you for your kind words it has made me feel a lot better, it is probably because i started puberty very young that everything is happening earlier than it should be

Quote Originally Posted by chrlhyms View Post
    Thank you so much, yeah i guess there are a lot more options however i will definitely look into the side effects of each if the doctor suggests that i do have a receding hair line, i'm a bit in denial at the moment until i hear from an actual professional but i have no doubt that most people on here are all very experienced in receding hairlines.

Yeah thank you for your kind words it has made me feel a lot better, it is probably because i started puberty very young that everything is happening earlier than it should be
    Yeah, it's really hard to tell if your even receding. Keep your eye on it, you'll know if you really need to do anything at all, especially at this point. If or when the time comes you'll be educated and know what your options are, which means you'll be ahead of the game... Good Luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Hairbrain View Post
    Yeah, it's really hard to tell if your even receding. Keep your eye on it, you'll know if you really need to do anything at all, especially at this point. If or when the time comes you'll be educated and know what your options are, which means you'll be ahead of the game... Good Luck!
    Exactly! thank you so much for your support and advice it means a lot. I hope you have a good day :-)

Just doing an update here, as i haven't posted in this thread in over a month-I saw my doctor and he suggested that minoxidil, so I've been using this for a few days now; i also have blood tests booked to ensure i dont have any iron deficiencies.

I will post pictures on here later on in the treatment to show how its all going

Attachment 48176Attachment 48177

Hi guys, so ive been using minoxidil for about a month now-at 5% under my doctors recommendations, on one side ive seen a lot of dark small hairs start sprouting up but no major improvement, so i wont post pictures of that side at the moment as there were no hairs there (like a path recession) so im not sure if it will grow back or not, but on the other side where i had miniaturisation ive seen a lot of improvement! (pics attached)

The pics are 1 month from eachother.

If anyone is reading this thread have any of you seen substantial growth on areas where you had no hair?

Thanks! will post again in a few months