+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Help!!!

Unhappy Help!!!

I honestly don't know what to think about my hair anymore. Bathroom lighting makes it look horribly thin, but people try and tell me it's not. My left side (your right hand side) also appears to be thinning in my eyes. If I look closely (you can't see in the pics) there are very small fine hairs that look like breakage, or miniaturization. I just assumed it was breakage because I comb my hair from that side, but the number of small hairs is increasing. I'm only 18, I'm too young to go bald. Help!!! I don't know what to do. :Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg

Size:	13.3 KB
ID:	47205Click image for larger version

Size:	17.2 KB
ID:	47206Click image for larger version

Size:	9.7 KB
ID:	47207

Anyone????

Looks like mild thinning you still have time though. Do you have any itchiness, greasy hair, scalp pain, problems with styling hair?

Damn I wish I had your hair! Looks great, even I wouldn't think hair loss.

Would literally pay you my 78k in savings for that hair if it was possible.

This was at the end of the day, so it may have been a little greasy as well. Nobody is really bald in my family. My dad is a little thin, but still has a fair amount of hair in his 50s. He didn't really start thinking until he was 40

You can't really base your situation by looking at family members degree of hairloss. You may be experiencing the beginning of some thinning. Best bet is to see a dermatologist that specializes in hair loss. The sooner you act the better your chances of saving what you have. Educate yourself. Fact of the matter is many individuals experiencing hair loss end up more knowledgeable than the the doctors they go see for a potential solution.

I'm seeing a dermatologist who specializes in hair loss now, and go back about every 6 months to gauge it. She basically said she doesn't see anything to be concerned about. She believes it has thinned, but only because I have told her. Otherwise she says it looks like a healthy normal head of hair and tells me not to worry. To be honest as a child I had very fine, blonde hair and it's always kind of been the same. Never really changed texture or got thicker, maybe some minor thinning, but i don't even know. I'm literally freaking out because one of my buddies made comments about it.

If the only thing that has changed since childhood, besides a slight maturation of the hairline, should I even be worrying right now? Hair texture and density is pretty close if not almost the same as it was before puberty.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt8998 View Post
    If the only thing that has changed since childhood, besides a slight maturation of the hairline, should I even be worrying right now? Hair texture and density is pretty close if not almost the same as it was before puberty.
    Based on your images and what your dermatologist told you, no you shouldn't worry about it. Seems your making some good decisions getting the info you need.