+ Reply to Thread

Default Just turned 18, receded temples and hair is starting to thin? (Pictures Included)

Hi everyone,

I just made this account because for the last week and a bit ive been worrying to bits about my hairline. Around mid last week (maybe longer) I looked at my hairline and wasn't sure if its always been as thin as it is now.

My hairline started maturing around 16 and just last year I finally got over it and started being more confident with my hair (slicking it back, tying it up etc.). But now it seems like my hair has thinned, I have tried to find as many pics of myself as I can to compare but im not 100%.

It would be much appreciated if you guys could look and see if it is thinning and if so what I should do, I really don't want to lose my hair in my 20's or worse.

Cheers

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg

Size:	91.7 KB
ID:	47101

Name:	2.jpg

Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	47102

Name:	3.jpg

Size:	72.7 KB
ID:	47103

Name:	4.jpg

Size:	72.6 KB
ID:	47104

Name:	5.jpg

Size:	78.8 KB
ID:	47105

Quote Originally Posted by Liam3131 View Post
    Hi everyone,

I just made this account because for the last week and a bit ive been worrying to bits about my hairline. Around mid last week (maybe longer) I looked at my hairline and wasn't sure if its always been as thin as it is now.

My hairline started maturing around 16 and just last year I finally got over it and started being more confident with my hair (slicking it back, tying it up etc.). But now it seems like my hair has thinned, I have tried to find as many pics of myself as I can to compare but im not 100%.

It would be much appreciated if you guys could look and see if it is thinning and if so what I should do, I really don't want to lose my hair in my 20's or worse.

Cheers

Attachment 47101
    Attachment 47102
    Attachment 47103
    Attachment 47104
    Attachment 47105
    It looks to be thinning. Not to sound like a Jerk but its really really simple look at your father, now look at your maternal grandfather. If either are bald chances are you are going to have some level of hairloss, if both are bald you will be as well. If there are others in your family that have hairloss then yes its definitely MPB.

My Dads Father died before I was born so I have nothing to go off from that, but my Dad hairline has receded a bit but still has at least 70% of his hair, no balding at the crown just his hairline has gone back.

Quote Originally Posted by pajason View Post
    It looks to be thinning. Not to sound like a Jerk but its really really simple look at your father, now look at your maternal grandfather. If either are bald chances are you are going to have some level of hairloss, if both are bald you will be as well. If there are others in your family that have hairloss then yes its definitely MPB.
    My father has absolutely no balding, my maternal grandfather passed away with a full head of thick grey hair. I on the other hand started thining at 15 and ended up a NW6 by my early 20's. Yes MPB may be hereditary, but those genes can come from anywhere, and there is no simple determining factor. For example, my father has 5 brothers in his family, two of which show signs of hairloss the other three none at all. Wikipededia under "hairloss" gives basic level of information in how genetics may play play a part in MPB.