Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • boourns
    • Aug 2012

Hate Getting Haircuts

There was a time when I used to get a haircut every 2 weeks. For the past several years now due to hair thinning I avoid it for as long as possible. I hate having my wet, thinning scalp exposed for people to see and the bad feeling between leaving the barber's door to my car.

A barber cutting my hair now feels like the equivalent of having a doctor inspecting my genitals. I miss the days when barbers would always say, "your hair is so thick."
  • Mpbman
    • Jul 2015

I just cut it myself with a hair clipper. But I guess my hair is worse than yours and I always had a very short hair cut.

Comment

• boourns
      • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Mpbman
      I just cut it myself with a hair clipper. But I guess my hair is worse than yours and I always had a very short hair cut.
      Shaving it and not giving a crap would make life easier but I just can't let go yet. I can still give the appearance that I'm not losing my hair with clean and strategically styled hair and a little bit of that magic powder.

Comment

• richter101
        • Jan 2015

I know the feeling.. I used to look forward to getting haircuts then I started noticing they were getting weird looking.. I thought it was bad barbers haha

Fortunately, I got FUE surgery. And have an amazing barber who understands how to work with my sensitive hair (Still not full, but I no longer look balding). She doesn't wet it either or I'd still look bad.. Should prob switch barbers.

Richter101 is a former patient of Dr. Parsa Mohebi

Born Oct ’89
        Began Seeing Gradual Hair Loss Oct ’09
        Began Seeing Gradual Hair Gain June ’15

My regimen includes:
        HT #1 2200 (ARTAS- FUE) grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in 2016
        Finasteride daily, since 2014
        Rogaine experimenter from 2012- ’13 RIP

Planning HT #2 By End of This Year

Comment

• k9gatton
          • Oct 2016

Definitely understand the pain of having thin hair. My hair looks like crap, even when I had a full head (over twenty years ago).

My head shape is so bad, short hair isn't even an option for me.

After having a buzz cut which looks terrible for almost two years, I'm turning to scissor length hair.

Comment

Working...