+ Reply to Thread

Default Receding hair line in 15 year old

Hi I am 15 years old and am wondering if my hairline is receding. I think I've always had some gap age at the temple areas but I've been getting more paranoid and annoyed at my horrible hairline that it might be receding. I have new hair growth along the hairline and I don't shed very much
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2016-05-29-22-07-01.jpg

Size:	5.0 KB
ID:	46875   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2016-05-29-22-04-11.jpg

Size:	4.3 KB
ID:	46876   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2016-05-29-22-05-03.jpg

Size:	5.1 KB
ID:	46877   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2016-05-29-22-06-27.jpg

Size:	4.6 KB
ID:	46878  

Quote Originally Posted by John v View Post
    Hi I am 15 years old and am wondering if my hairline is receding. I think I've always had some gap age at the temple areas but I've been getting more paranoid and annoyed at my horrible hairline that it might be receding. I have new hair growth along the hairline and I don't shed very much
    Definitely receding. Start Rogaine twice and day and Nizoral shampoo twice a week until you're 18+ and can look into Propecia.

The images make it somewhat hard to tell for me. However if you're telling us that you have new hair growth in the frontal hairline area, this could possibly indicate some initial miniaturization. Please do yourself a favor and go see a dermatologist that specializes in hair loss. I started loosing my hair at 15 as well. The earlier you map out a game plan the better. Forget Rogain, you need a long term strategy. Rogain tends to be nothing more than a temporary bandaid for most. Drugs like Finasteride work wonders for young patients with plenty of native hair still available. However you are young so you really need to speak with a couple of professional hair loss doctors to see what type of options you have. If you are concerned, and at 15 I'm sure you are, the worst thing you can do is do nothing. Once you reach your early 20's you may be a candidate for some type of surgical resolution and who knows by then what may be available. Stay on this Forum! There is great advice here, but heed with warning considering your age. I find it fascinating the options that are now available to young men that I didn't have when I was 15 and balding. Good Luck and keep us informed.

Would you like some different picture's

Quote Originally Posted by Hairbrain View Post
    The images make it somewhat hard to tell for me. However if you're telling us that you have new hair growth in the frontal hairline area, this could possibly indicate some initial miniaturization. Please do yourself a favor and go see a dermatologist that specializes in hair loss. I started loosing my hair at 15 as well. The earlier you map out a game plan the better. Forget Rogain, you need a long term strategy. Rogain tends to be nothing more than a temporary bandaid for most. Drugs like Finasteride work wonders for young patients with plenty of native hair still available. However you are young so you really need to speak with a couple of professional hair loss doctors to see what type of options you have. If you are concerned, and at 15 I'm sure you are, the worst thing you can do is do nothing. Once you reach your early 20's you may be a candidate for some type of surgical resolution and who knows by then what may be available. Stay on this Forum! There is great advice here, but heed with warning considering your age. I find it fascinating the options that are now available to young men that I didn't have when I was 15 and balding. Good Luck and keep us informed.
    Would you like some different pictures. My mom says I've has alot of exposure on my hairline at the temple area since an infant I can even remember styling my hair at 12 in a way that would hide my exposed temples.

Some additional images might be helpful. But really your hair and scalp should be evaluated by a professional. Just make sure if you decide to see someone they specialize in hair loss, even then you need to be proactive enough to seek a second or third opinion. The first Dr. I seen at 15 knew very little about MPB and basically told me it was something I needed to learn how to accept. Other doctors had me try all kinds of other treatments that had no effect. It devastated me, however this day and age you have real viable options if you might need to use them.