+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slickster View Post
    Hi 35yearsafter does the technician say its ok after 2months as I stated?

Appreciate all your responses
    slickster:
    I just asked your question of our surgical technician who has been working with Dr. Cole for around six years. Regarding Dr. Cole's patients, the transplanted hair is in place at 5-7 days post-op where if you pull on the hair, the graft won't come out. Don't recommend trying that though. At fourteen days, she recommends the recipient area be gently massaged. At two months, she told me that even if you pull out a hair by mistake that is still growing and may have continued to grow, that would be like pulling out a non-transplanted hair. It would grow back. Try not to pull out hairs that offer any resistance. If you do though, try not to sweat it. It will grow back.
    Last edited by 35YrsAfter; 02-23-2015 at 09:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 35YrsAfter View Post
    slickster:
    I just asked your question of our surgical technician who has been working with Dr. Cole for around six years. Regarding Dr. Cole's patients, the transplanted hair is in place at 5-7 days post-op where if you pull on the hair, the graft won't come out. Don't recommend trying that though. At fourteen days, she recommends the recipient area be gently massaged. At two months, she told me that even if you pull out a hair by mistake that is still growing and may have continued to grow, that would be like pulling out a non-transplanted hair. It would grow back. Try not to pull out hairs that offer any resistance. If you do though, try not to sweat it. It will grow back.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
    Cole Hair Transplant
    1045 Powers Place
    Alpharetta, Georgia 30009
    Phone 678-566-1011
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions.
    That's kind of what I was thinking as after 7-10days the grafts are secure. Though I had no resistance in the few I pulled out they just slid out smoothly and effortlessly.
    Thank you for taking time out to ask these questions I appreciate it alot and put my mind at ease dude have a great day

It really is a matter of which phase the hair follicles are in. The hair shafts that come out readily and easily without resistance have typically entered the resting phase and soon shed the hair shafts start coming out. The follicles move intermittently from growth (anagen), shedding (catagen), and then rest (telogen) for 3-4 months before re-entering the growth phase again. The growth phase varies and on average lasts approximately six years or longer.

The follicles that are currently in the growth phase will be more resistant. Even if the hair shaft is removed by force, as long as the underlying follicle remains in the growth phase, it will produce a new hair shaft.
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Quote Originally Posted by gillenator View Post
    It really is a matter of which phase the hair follicles are in. The hair shafts that come out readily and easily without resistance have typically entered the resting phase and soon shed the hair shafts start coming out. The follicles move intermittently from growth (anagen), shedding (catagen), and then rest (telogen) for 3-4 months before re-entering the growth phase again. The growth phase varies and on average lasts approximately six years or longer.

The follicles that are currently in the growth phase will be more resistant. Even if the hair shaft is removed by force, as long as the underlying follicle remains in the growth phase, it will produce a new hair shaft.
    Hi Gillenator thanks pretty informative post.

you may of read the posts on this thread that I pulled a few hairs out that I guess we're just sitting and never growing since the ht i had 2 months ago.

Would this mean they were in the resting phase I guess? as they came out as if they were not attached just dead hair shafts.

From what I gather once the hair is locked in after 7-10 days post op then the hairs are secure and there isn't an issue weather they were pulled out in the resting..shedding or growing phase is this correct?

My other question is could any damage be done from what I explained?

Thanks

slickster,

It is highly doubtful at this point in time that you did any damage to your grafts or follicles. It is the grafts that are pretty secure after approximately 7 days post-op. This simply implies that the graft tissues are secure within the recipient area.

But once the transplanted follicles have gone into the resting phase and then shed the hair shafts within the grafts, the hair shafts disengage and that is why many of them come out relatively easy.

Many of the hair shafts come out with the crusts 7-10 days post-op, yet some of the follicles remain in the anagen growth phase but again they will eventually cycle into the resting phase and after one year post-op, the transplanted follicles have all rested and re-entered the growth phase.

This is why it takes at least one year to judge the final result.

I think you will be just fine my friend.
    "Gillenator"
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

You may want to also at this point in time get a little more aggressive when you clean/shampoo the recipient area which will help remove any lingering dead hair shafts that may be remaining. You can use the pads on your fingertips to rub the area while lathered up in shampoo.

The hair that is still in anagen growth phase should for the most part remain in your scalp because those hair shafts are still connected to their follicles. Even if some of them get removed from the more aggressive rubbing, the underlying follicles are still in the growth phase and will begin to grow new hair shafts.

In addition, some of the dead hair shafts get pushed through the epidermis (outer layer) as a result of the new shafts growing up and out. But it does not hurt to clean up your recipient area with a little more pressure from your finger tips. The pressure does not need to be extreme, just enough to remove the dead hair and any lingering crusts.
    "Gillenator"
    more.hair@verizon.net

when I came here fresh out of surgery guys like Gill helped me out.

I too had the hair follicles hang around for a while but then they fall out. If your dont, count yourself lucky