+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

well thank you for your answers.
    One part I really did not understand:
    "Scrub them with soap and a wash cloth and then try to gently remove them. If plucking is necessary to remove them, it's best to leave them alone for now." (per dr cole).
    I very much appreciate the advice. But just to make sure, you mean I should NOT pluck them but try to remove them by plucking. So basically they are standing in the way in some way if I understand ?

as for the last response, by Sadman, well it is a pitty to have to wait 7 months or more to start getting the results. basically this means the results are at least like 4-5 months late, which isn't great news neither.

Thank you for your input. I am going to scrub them again and see. But most likely they won't fall like this. I tried to pluck one.. it's not easy to do.. it's firm in there.. i removed a non-transplanted hair instead by mistake.. I guess this says that they're not just sticking out and waiting to fall soon.

I remember the doc said I had extremely good grafts. I am not sure if this is related.

I’ve heard about this and it doesn't appear to be a big problem with the final outcome of the hair transplant.

Don't wory about it my friend. As long as they are alive, hair follicles will cycle through growing, resting, and shedding. We must be patient. The hair will shed. It takes several months or so and it's also the toughest part of the HT process, "waiting".
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Hi I was reading this as I am 2 months post Fue and have a few tiny hairs that have stayed the same length a few mm and have not grown on my front hairline.

Now I have tried as said above to scrub a little to get them to dislodge and come out.

Anyone have any input as where I have 2 or 3 small transplant hairs I have a small pimple too. Should I try and pull at them (or tweeze gently) to see if they slide out?

Has anyone done this?

OR is it better to just leave them alone? and wait when new hairs begin to grow will push the dead hair out?

Thanks

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slickster View Post
    Hi I was reading this as I am 2 months post Fue and have a few tiny hairs that have stayed the same length a few mm and have not grown on my front hairline.

Now I have tried as said above to scrub a little to get them to dislodge and come out.

Anyone have any input as where I have 2 or 3 small transplant hairs I have a small pimple too. Should I try and pull at them (or tweeze gently) to see if they slide out?

Has anyone done this?

OR is it better to just leave them alone? and wait when new hairs begin to grow will push the dead hair out?

Thanks
    I have had this happen a lot along with pimples and redness. Not a big deal. I would scrub my head and use a hair brush and the hairs wouldn't come out. I took a pair of tweezers and the ones that were original and not growing just slide out with no resistance.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
    www.forhair.com
    Cole Hair Transplant
    1045 Powers Place
    Alpharetta, Georgia 30009
    Phone 678-566-1011
    email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck

Thanks I may try this and see...does dr cole recommend doing this to his patients?

If I were to leave the few hairs that haven't grown since the HT will they hinder the hair underneath if not removed?

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slickster View Post
    Thanks I may try this and see...does dr cole recommend doing this to his patients?

If I were to leave the few hairs that haven't grown since the HT will they hinder the hair underneath if not removed?
    slickster:
    I just asked our surgical technician to be sure. She said it's OK to gently pull the hairs out. Personally, I just went after the hairs growing from a red dot or pimple. Hairs that are ready to come out will just slide out without resistance.

www.forhair.com
    Cole Hair Transplant
    1045 Powers Place
    Phone 678-566-1011
    email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck

playsound

I'm 2months post op as I mentioned and this morning I went ahead and pulled 4-5 hairs very gently with some tweezers and the hairs just slid out no problem at all. There were two hairs on a pimple and the other three were next to a pimple.

Does this sound ok? Or was it too early after 2 months to pull the hairs that havnt grown at all and were just sitting there 2-3mm off the scalp?

I'm just a touch concerned

Thanks again

Thanks WY it's impossible to get hold of my surgeon.

I'm wondering if there was NO resistance (and all my transplanted hairs have shed minus the few causing some pimples and redness weeks ago)can damage be done if they slid out so effortlessly and were just sitting and resting and havnt grown since they were implanted?

Quote Originally Posted by 35YrsAfter View Post
    slickster:
    I just asked our surgical technician to be sure. She said it's OK to gently pull the hairs out. Personally, I just went after the hairs growing from a red dot or pimple. Hairs that are ready to come out will just slide out without resistance.

Cole Hair Transplant
    1045 Powers Place
    Phone 678-566-1011
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions.

Hi 35yearsafter does the technician say its ok after 2months as I stated?

Appreciate all your responses