21 and suffering from male pattern baldness, advice needed!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • andy456
    • Mar 2010

21 and suffering from male pattern baldness, advice needed!

Hello all,

I'm 21 and for 3 years I have slowly noticed that I am suffering from male pattern baldness, at the front of my hairline in the corners.

Now I've read on the internet about possible treatments etc, I know that I'm not going to be able to take anything to regrow my lost hair, but I have read about things I can take that can stabalise my hair loss

Whether this is true or not I don't know, but after reading about the Boots hair loss programme which "claims" 9 out of 10 men keep their hair with their programme, I'm starting to question whether I should sign up and whether these treatments do actually halt or slow down the process, which is why I am here and hoping others can offer me advice!

Thanks in advance for any replies
  • mattj
    Doctor Representative
    • Oct 2009

I picked up that Boots leaflet a while ago. I thought 9 out of 10 was quite a bold claim. It seems to involve a prescription for finasteride (propecia/proscar) and Minoxidil (Rogaine/Regaine) and little else other than regular check-ups with the pharmacist. You can acquire these products for much less online without a prescription, although I'll leave it up to others to suggest a source as I've had other arrangements for a while and don't know the best places.

And yes, they can indeed halt your hairloss. With Rogaine you might also re-grow some hair, but maintaining what you have is normally the best that can be hoped for, especially with loss at the hairline.
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Comment

• Dr. Glenn Charles
      IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon
      • Nov 2008

You can likely achieve the same results using over the counter foam Rogaine once daily at night and getting a prescription for Propecia. I offer this to patients during a complimentay consultation and I am sure that many other hair restoration physicians do as well.
      Dr. Glenn Charles
      Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
      View my IAHRS Profile

Comment

Working...