Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy - Page 2 - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by k9gatton View Post
    That's an interesting question. Here is Gail's response (CEO of Histogen, and a doctor as well). We don't want to test anti DHT. Histogen will last the time of the hair growth cycle, which is usually two to five years.

So in other words, after your hair falls out again, you're screwed. You have to keep getting Histogen injected into your scalp.
    Sadly in my lifetime I don't see a 'cure' (I'm 59) I remember back during my big-hair band days (late 70's-80's) we thought for SURE a cure would be available by the time I was lets say 40.
    Back then it was some BS Topical in a little eye dropper bottle called Bio Genisis that sold for $27.00 and was an absolute scam. It was in the magazine called "Head Start" and heavily promoted for $$$. There was also (in a Jar) a clear Gel called Biotin-also useless and then there were Pills and shampoos etc also heavily promoted in that Magazine. The entire magazine went belly-up when the Law suites started being filed for making false statements, Lab results etc.
    While 'some' progress has been made unfortunately (and because of diabolical marketing bs) endless males and females are dishing out countless $$$ and grabbing at hopes and whatever they can.

I think PRP should be standard for all hair surgeries.

Yes it does, but injected blood is "upgraded"

Hello,
    I am a Board Certified Rheumatologist practising in Hamilton, New Jersey. I have more than 20 years of experience in rheumatology and own a rheumatology clinic in Lakewood and Hamilton, New Jersey. I provide the services of rheumatology consultants, viscosupplementation injections, and plasma-rich*platelet injections. Currently, I am working as a Section Chief, at Arthritis and Osteoarthritis, Monmouth Medical Center, and GPHA, Inc., Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. I am an expert in managing various Rheumatic and Musculoskeletal diseases including Rheumatoid Arthritis, Psoriatic Arthritis, Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE), Osteoarthritis, and Osteoporosis.

Have any of you tried PRP therapy? I'd love to hear about your experiences!

Yes, PRP therapy has definitely been gaining more attention lately. I've heard of it being used for a variety of purposes, including hair restoration. While I don't have personal experience with PRP therapy, I've read that it involves using your own blood, which is then processed to concentrate the platelets before being injected into the treatment area.

Quote Originally Posted by ElliotOrtiz View Post
    Yes, PRP therapy has definitely been gaining more attention lately. I've heard of it being used for a variety of purposes, including hair restoration. While I don't have personal experience with PRP therapy, I've read that it involves using your own blood, which is then processed to concentrate the platelets before being injected into the treatment area.
    I think it would be more appropriate for you to do your own research on the subject https://onsitemedspa.com. As with any medical treatment, it's important to do your research and consult with a qualified professional to determine if it's the right option for you.