+ Reply to Thread

Default a future of genetically-engineered bodies

I honestly believe that science will be able to genetically-engineer new designer bodies for us relatively soon, thus negating the need for a hair loss cure, which isn't remotely close anyway. Men and women will be able to completely design superior new bodies for ourselves, and then have the total content of our brains transferred to our new (empty) brains in our new "perfect" bodies.

All physical ailments, limitations, impediments, and aging will be virtually eliminated. It's closer than we think, although there are still many hurdles to overcome first.

My point is that such an eventuality will definitely transpire before hair loss is ever remotely cured. A cure for hair loss is a pipe dream anyway, because there are hardly any resources or serious research funding devoted to finding a cure.

For many decades, we have been told, very frequently, that a new breakthrough cure for hair loss is just five years away! Despite that nonsense, even the very best solutions on the board today, in 2016, show absolutely no proof of restoring a full head of hair in the victims of this disease, and, frankly, none even pretend to. Everything is promoted as possibly achieving some limited success if a, b, and c are true in some percentage of patients some of the time, but only in selected cases and under certain conditions! That's the VERY BEST among the theoretical solutions now!

Instead, look at where the real money and time are spent! Neither are spent to any significant degree for curing hair loss! In contrast, we should expect a completely new genetically-engineered "designer" body to emerge first, thus completely negating the need for a cure for hair loss. After all, the elusive cure for hair loss, even if it were fully achieved tomorrow, is really just a band-aid to a much larger problem, which is the search for a "perfect" and ageless body from head to toe, which includes perfect hair, of course.

The question then becomes, what would life be like when we're all 6'5" tall, with ideal faces, perfectly buff bodies, super-high IQs, and 12-inch penises in our shorts, while interacting with gorgeous women who are super-Venuses and perfect in every way? Great, but then what? What happens next after all of the fun in the sun? What new jealousies will emerge to make men and women feel inadequate when everyone looks and thinks like the ideal man and the ideal woman? What new definitions of ideal will emerge?

It's a vicious circle if you stop to think about it.

I think your slightly wrong. I think growing organs is many decades away, and whatever else decades away from there. Once that can be done though its going to be a huge game changer. A ton of people die from major organs failing as they get older. Problems often snowball out of control, and no one knows how to fix most of them. New organs would fix all these issues.

Quote Originally Posted by burtandernie View Post
    I think your slightly wrong. I think growing organs is many decades away, and whatever else decades away from there. Once that can be done though its going to be a huge game changer. A ton of people die from major organs failing as they get older. Problems often snowball out of control, and no one knows how to fix most of them. New organs would fix all these issues.
    And cause massive overpopulation in the process leading to horrific wars in a fight for resources whether they be food/water or just land. Scary to think what the future will be like but then I'm not going to be here to see that.

Quote Originally Posted by ez456 View Post
    And cause massive overpopulation in the process leading to horrific wars in a fight for resources whether they be food/water or just land. Scary to think what the future will be like but then I'm not going to be here to see that.
    Yeah maybe. I think food/land will be okay for a long time in most places at least. I think water might be the first battles, but if things progress where water can be desalinized cost effectively it might not even happen. It just depends its really impossible to even guess out farther then 4 or 5 years, but the good will outweigh the bad. Hope u have money though it wont be cheap imagine health care costs that far in the future.