+ Reply to Thread

Default Flaxseed oil and african pygeum

Hey guys anyone ever heard of africanum pygeum to help fight against DHT? Also do flaxseeds with lignans help reduce free testosterone from converting into DHT?

Yes. I have been taking tablespoons of ground up flax seed each day. I have very mild hair loss and its done jack so far. I just started though so its going to be 6 months before you know if it worked or not. Time better spent probably taking a tiny dose of fin or something. I dont blame people for trying natural first though I am also in the anti drug camp, but choices are extremely limited
    There were a few studies that showed flax seed lowers androgens but by what amount is questionable. You need major androgen level changes to alter MPB not small adjustments. I have doubts flax seed is going to get you near castration levels of androgens without the same sides as traditional drugs

So ive read so many different things on flax seeds with lignans does your liquid contain lignans? And also does it stop testosterone from converting into DHT or does it raise estrogen levels? Ive read it does both but if your raising estrogen levels can't that be bad also? I also like going the natural route it makes me feel better then doing nothing but are you taking any other supplements as well?

I am taking some supplements, but like I said none of them do much of anything. Honestly im probably going to ask my doctor for propecia next time I go for a physical or whatever verses wasting time on the endless things to try that never work.
    Its the flax lignans that supposedly help lower androgens. To what degree they do that, or in what amounts you need? I have no idea. A few tablespoons maybe like twice a day is what im doing. They are good for you if nothing else which is probably why most guys go natural because its easy to control yourself just diet.

Quote Originally Posted by bmoreno515 View Post
    Hey guys anyone ever heard of africanum pygeum to help fight against DHT? Also do flaxseeds with lignans help reduce free testosterone from converting into DHT?
    Be careful with flaxseed oil. It goes bad quickly and can cause hair loss at that point. It's best to ground up whole flax seeds with each use. I've been adding it to my veggie smoothy for a couple of years now. I've read it lowers test and increases estrogen but from my personal experience, doesn't do anything for hair loss. I take it for its Omega 3 content.

Never tried the African pygeum.

Yeah you would be surprised how many things that supposedly can help with MPB make no real practical difference in the long run. Many of them like flax seeds have small studies showing they do have some effect. Doesnt seem to be a strong enough effect.