+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Dr Edward Ball at the Maitland clinic

Hello again fellow hair seekers

Has anyone had any experience with or heard anything good about Dr Edward Ball at the Maitland clinic. I believe he worked at Ziering before. Any opinions would be appreciated. Thanks chaps

Yes I had FUT with Mr Ball last year when he was at Ziering. I would definitely recommend him. He's a good doc and ethical. His FUE work looks very good too. If you're planning on sticking to the UK then he's one of the best in my opinion.

Cheers Hairgone, thanks for the reply... its just I didnt see him on the IAHRS list so was a little concerned

He used to be on the IAHRS recommend list but since moving to his own clinic he isn't on there. Not sure why, I was wandering that too. Not sure if they need to reassess him in his new clinic??

Also I noticed Dr Karadeniz is not on the list anymore. I emailed this forum a few days back you ask why both have been removed from the list but I haven't had a reply. I feel the IAHRS need to be transparent if a Dr is removed from their list and the reasons behind this.

I concur matey, if there is a reason for this I certainly would like to know. Mind you Joe Tillman speaks highly of him and I asked Spex if he had any info on him and was told he had only heard good things about him. With being in the UK I was a bit sceptical because generally people say that Belgium and across the pond are better options.

Hi Toffeeman,

I'm scheduled for a procedure with Dr Ball soon, and my experience with him so far has been really great. I live quite a distance away from his clinic, but he was happy to spend a few hours on FaceTime/Skype discussing things before I made the trip down.

When I did venture down, I was convinced he was the right guy - very easy to talk with, very straight, very keen to discuss the long term results. People use the word ethical, which I'd agree with, but I think a better word is simply 'caring'. He seems to genuinely care about the end result.

Also, Janna Shafer made the leap to leave Shapiro Medical in the states to help Dr Ball with his own clinic. That's a good enough recommendation to me in and of itself, as she is extremely well respected as a patient advocate/patient educator in her own right. My first hand experience with her has been great too.

Joe Tillman and Spex have all said good things, which again gave me confidence, but I suppose the real result will come after my procedure in a handful of weeks. Really excited for it now.

TL;DR - I'd definitely recommend speaking with him!

All the best
    N

Cheers N,

nice to her you had a great experience with him. I have seen certain videos on utube with him being interviewed and you're right, he does come across as a genuine fella. Just out of interest N are you in the UK and did you have a FUT or FUE proceedure?

ops I mean are you getting a FUT or FUE?

Hi,

Just to add, I've spoken to a number of his patients and all of them only had very positive things to say about him.
    I spoke to him directly too a while ago on email and seems like a very nice guy.

I hope this helps
    Spex
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Toffee,

Yep, though I'd say the videos don't do him justice. He's equally professional, but a lot warmer in person I found.

Yes, I'm in the UK, and I'll be having an FUE procedure. I did consider FUT, as the scar doesn't bother me terribly, however after talking with Dr B, I have confidence that he'll be able to achieve a finer end product by hand selecting grafts...hopefully!

Any more questions, feel free to send them my way. I plan on doing a bit of a write up once I have my procedure.

Cheers
    N

Quote Originally Posted by Toffeeman147 View Post
    Cheers N,

nice to her you had a great experience with him. I have seen certain videos on utube with him being interviewed and you're right, he does come across as a genuine fella. Just out of interest N are you in the UK and did you have a FUT or FUE proceedure?