Anxiety/Depression and hair loss

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sanook
    • Jan 2012

I know this sounds simple, but it dramatically changes things for me (and so many others):

Good luck and take care.

Comment

• JohnMPB
      • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Vic
      Some stuff you might want to read.

Regular exercise is an excellent way to boost your mood and get in shape. Learn more from WebMD about the benefits of daily exercise on depression and how to get started.

The verdict is in: moderate exercise not only treats, but prevents depression. Professors from the University of Toronto have compiled and analyzed over 26 years’ worth of scientific research which concludes that even moderate levels of physical activity—like walking for 20-30 minutes a day—can ward off depression in people of all ages.

Antidepressants aren't the only solution for depression. Research shows that exercise works as well as antidepressants for some people, although exercise alone isn't enough for someone with severe ...

Something to keep in mind, your doctor gets paid to prescribe you drugs. Big Pharma pays them to tell you that their pill can help you. From my own personal experience with both pills and living a healthy life style, avoid those pills at all costs!! It took me a year to recover from pills. Once you stop taking them, you are even worse then you were before! Your brain just doesn't function right. I started small, going on walks with my dog 1st thing in the mornings. Now I run between 1-2 miles a day and do high interval training 4 days a week for about 45 each time. Never felt better in my life. I've had anxiety my entire life, it's gone. I'm in total control now. I was the worst kinda depressed you can imagine. Now, I'm a person again.

Changing my diet was a great experience for me. Again started small, ate less sugar, less processed meals, added veggies and fruits to almost each meal. In about 30 days from changing my diet, it felt as tho I could think clearly. A "fogginess" was gone from my brain kinda feeling. I just felt better. When exercise became a regular part of my life, wow, I was not only back to being a person again but felt like I could take on the world.

Can't stress enough how much I've changed since I've made changes to live a life style humans were meant to live. From diet to exercise, we didn't evolve sitting on the couch watching TV and eating processed, deep fried meals.

I might be writing too much. It's because I remember where I was in my dark days. Anything I can do to help people avoid being in my shoes, I'll gladly do.

Hope this message finds you well. Again, good luck bud!
      Great writeup. Thank you for the advice

Comment

• JohnMPB
        • Nov 2009

Originally posted by sanook
        I know this sounds simple, but it dramatically changes things for me (and so many others):

Good luck and take care.
        Thanks. Do you get the typical 8 glasses a day or more?

Comment

• Matt8998
          • Oct 2014

When I saw your thread I just had to reply. It's interesting because like you, I've deal with anxiety throughout a portion of my life. I'm only 18 so take whatever I say with a grain of salt. I am actually just coming off Zoloft (antidepressant) because I noticed my hair was thinning out and I had a bunch of other side effects. What I've realized is the meds only gave me negative side effects and had little to no positive impacts, and that may not be the case for you, but I definitely now that, just as other have said, eating healthy and exercising really do make a difference, and people say it also helps with hair loss.

Comment

• sanook
            • Jan 2012

Originally posted by JohnMPB
            Thanks. Do you get the typical 8 glasses a day or more?
            I aim for about 6 pints a day, so I guess it's about 3-4 Litres.

I'm just about to purchase a juicer too, which I'm quite excited about! I decided I would give this a try for the next year to see if my body absorbs the micronutrients a lot more effectively. I hope this will boost my energy levels even further. I often find I get depressed when I have no energy - I feel hopeless and demotivated, which is why I think a healthy diet is so important.

Comment

• pkipling
              Inactive
              • Sep 2014

JohnMPB - I'm extremely impressed with all the sound advice you've received here. Good on you for taking it all to heart, weighing the different options, and ultimately finding out what works best for you. You seem to have a really good head on your shoulders, and I'm certain that you're gonna be more than fine in the long run. Find what works for you and start enjoying the heck out of life. )))

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Comment

• JohnMPB
                • Nov 2009

Originally posted by pkipling
                JohnMPB - I'm extremely impressed with all the sound advice you've received here. Good on you for taking it all to heart, weighing the different options, and ultimately finding out what works best for you. You seem to have a really good head on your shoulders, and I'm certain that you're gonna be more than fine in the long run. Find what works for you and start enjoying the heck out of life. )))

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.
                Thanks bud. I really appreciate your advice as well as everyone else in here. Really means a lot.

Everyone on this forum is so much more mature than other forums. I wish you all the best

Comment

• dm90
                  • Jan 2016

You realize that getting handouts/kickbacks from pharmaceutical companies is illegal right? Most of these articles written about "doctors getting paid by big pharma" are nonsense written by "journalists" who don't understand that the money provided is used for research. The few cases of doctors directly being compensated to promote their drugs were met with lawsuits. Also sertraline, Zoloft, has been generic for a long time, no ones making money of that anymore.

There's a difference between clinical depression and having a poor lifestyle. You should take steps to follow the advice given here such as improving your diet and sleep schedule. If none of this works a psychiatrist is an option.

Comment

Working...