+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Can you really cure anxiety/depression by not taking some antidepressants? I guess it is better to talk to your doctor about it. Why not incorporate some natural remedies but still follow the advise of your doctor. I've suffered from depression 2 years ago and I always have a regular counseling from my psychiatrist. I can totally say that I am now 100% normal. You might be experiencing some low but I always ensure to talk to my psychiatrist.

Quote Originally Posted by BBay View Post
    Ok first off have you had your chemical levels checked to find the baseline? Once you have this start on the what the doctor recommends for you to take, after awhile and if you are feeling "ok" get them checked again. If you are not feeeling like you want to be introduce fulvic acid into your liquid drinks , get a good quality one, fulvic is the mineral accelerator for charging up the cells and multiplying the effect of the drugs you are consuming. Introduce only one substitute (mineral, vitamin, herbal remedy) at a time so you can monitor the effect of each one. Try St John's Wort it works for some people and had an ok effect for me. All the best but get on to it early. Of course cut down on the booze and other things that alter moods.
    No I have not had this done. Is there such a test that measures Brain chemicals?

Quote Originally Posted by AlexieJ View Post
    Can you really cure anxiety/depression by not taking some antidepressants? I guess it is better to talk to your doctor about it. Why not incorporate some natural remedies but still follow the advise of your doctor. I've suffered from depression 2 years ago and I always have a regular counseling from my psychiatrist. I can totally say that I am now 100% normal. You might be experiencing some low but I always ensure to talk to my psychiatrist.
    Hi Alexie,
    Do you see a psychologist or psychiatrist? Have you taken meds? If so which ones? What kind of things did your doctor have you do that cured you?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMPB View Post
    Does anybody suffer from anxiety and/or depression here? After speaking to a therapist it seems I have been suffering from anxiety for a good portion of my life. Whenever I become overly anxious my scalp becomes severely inflamed and I lose more hair. My weak areas like hairline thin out even more. My sleep also suffers due to anxiety and I truly believe this combination increases hair loss.

Anyone have experience with meds to help anxiety? My therapist spoke to me about antidepressants and she suggests I get on some soon. I have read hair loss is a common side effect of antidepressants.
    There was a time I was where you are now but probably much worse. The best cure, better than any drug a lab can cook up, is exercise!

http://www.adaa.org/living-with-anxi...ss-and-anxiety

A good diet will also work wonders. The only side affects of a good diet and exercise is probably going to be, better nights sleep, more blood flow to your scalp and better hair health.

Good luck bud.

Some stuff you might want to read.

http://www.m.webmd.com/depression/gu...ise-depression

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...nts-depression

http://www.health.harvard.edu/mind-a...report-excerpt

Something to keep in mind, your doctor gets paid to prescribe you drugs. Big Pharma pays them to tell you that their pill can help you. From my own personal experience with both pills and living a healthy life style, avoid those pills at all costs!! It took me a year to recover from pills. Once you stop taking them, you are even worse then you were before! Your brain just doesn't function right. I started small, going on walks with my dog 1st thing in the mornings. Now I run between 1-2 miles a day and do high interval training 4 days a week for about 45 each time. Never felt better in my life. I've had anxiety my entire life, it's gone. I'm in total control now. I was the worst kinda depressed you can imagine. Now, I'm a person again.

Changing my diet was a great experience for me. Again started small, ate less sugar, less processed meals, added veggies and fruits to almost each meal. In about 30 days from changing my diet, it felt as tho I could think clearly. A "fogginess" was gone from my brain kinda feeling. I just felt better. When exercise became a regular part of my life, wow, I was not only back to being a person again but felt like I could take on the world.

Can't stress enough how much I've changed since I've made changes to live a life style humans were meant to live. From diet to exercise, we didn't evolve sitting on the couch watching TV and eating processed, deep fried meals.

I might be writing too much. It's because I remember where I was in my dark days. Anything I can do to help people avoid being in my shoes, I'll gladly do.

Hope this message finds you well. Again, good luck bud!

I know this sounds simple, but it dramatically changes things for me (and so many others):

Good luck and take care.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic View Post
    Some stuff you might want to read.

http://www.m.webmd.com/depression/gu...ise-depression

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...nts-depression

http://www.health.harvard.edu/mind-a...report-excerpt

Something to keep in mind, your doctor gets paid to prescribe you drugs. Big Pharma pays them to tell you that their pill can help you. From my own personal experience with both pills and living a healthy life style, avoid those pills at all costs!! It took me a year to recover from pills. Once you stop taking them, you are even worse then you were before! Your brain just doesn't function right. I started small, going on walks with my dog 1st thing in the mornings. Now I run between 1-2 miles a day and do high interval training 4 days a week for about 45 each time. Never felt better in my life. I've had anxiety my entire life, it's gone. I'm in total control now. I was the worst kinda depressed you can imagine. Now, I'm a person again.

Changing my diet was a great experience for me. Again started small, ate less sugar, less processed meals, added veggies and fruits to almost each meal. In about 30 days from changing my diet, it felt as tho I could think clearly. A "fogginess" was gone from my brain kinda feeling. I just felt better. When exercise became a regular part of my life, wow, I was not only back to being a person again but felt like I could take on the world.

Can't stress enough how much I've changed since I've made changes to live a life style humans were meant to live. From diet to exercise, we didn't evolve sitting on the couch watching TV and eating processed, deep fried meals.

I might be writing too much. It's because I remember where I was in my dark days. Anything I can do to help people avoid being in my shoes, I'll gladly do.

Hope this message finds you well. Again, good luck bud!
    Great writeup. Thank you for the advice

Quote Originally Posted by sanook View Post
    I know this sounds simple, but it dramatically changes things for me (and so many others):

Good luck and take care.
    Thanks. Do you get the typical 8 glasses a day or more?

When I saw your thread I just had to reply. It's interesting because like you, I've deal with anxiety throughout a portion of my life. I'm only 18 so take whatever I say with a grain of salt. I am actually just coming off Zoloft (antidepressant) because I noticed my hair was thinning out and I had a bunch of other side effects. What I've realized is the meds only gave me negative side effects and had little to no positive impacts, and that may not be the case for you, but I definitely now that, just as other have said, eating healthy and exercising really do make a difference, and people say it also helps with hair loss.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMPB View Post
    Thanks. Do you get the typical 8 glasses a day or more?
    I aim for about 6 pints a day, so I guess it's about 3-4 Litres.

I'm just about to purchase a juicer too, which I'm quite excited about! I decided I would give this a try for the next year to see if my body absorbs the micronutrients a lot more effectively. I hope this will boost my energy levels even further. I often find I get depressed when I have no energy - I feel hopeless and demotivated, which is why I think a healthy diet is so important.