+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Question Questions about getting a hair system or "wig" Please read! Thanks.

Hey guys,

I am thirty years old and, honestly, sick and tired of being bald. It has affected the way women perceive me and I feel more confident with hair.

With that said, I am interested in pursuing a hair system but I have so many questions. I am here in Phoenix, Arizona area and need to know...

1) Who is the best company to go with for a hair system in the Phoenix area? I have already done research...do you recommend Hair Club, Transition Hairloss Centers, National Hair, etc? Are these good companies to setup a consultation with?

2) Also, does it cause a great deal of itching and discomfort wearing the hair system weeks at a time?

3) Have you had the hair piece accidentally fall off due to high winds, moisture, extreme heat (it gets HOT here in Arizona!), etc?

Thanks for your time everyone and looking forward to hearing your experience with this.

cant answer 1 but there is NWL in the USA and UK Hair Systems in the UK which I have used and both do international orders.

A salon/clinic will charge more but may be a place to start if in doubt.

For 2 and 3 - no and I have been wearing many years now.

The piece will loosen near the end of the bond so like 4 weeks after reattachment and you get plenty of warning. Never ever had is drop off. Dont itch any more than not wearing.

Good luck

Hi Grincher,

Thank you for the reply. So I looked up NWL and do they just provide the hair piece? Or do they also style and cut it for you?

And do you wear your hair piece 4 weeks in a row without taking it off? Doesn't that cause itching, rash or a smell?

Thanks for the help again.

I usually go max 3-weeks. You wash it once a week, more if very active. No smell or itch.

Sounds like you need a clinic first time.

And are you removing this yourself during the week or do you go to a hair stylist or clinic to have it removed?

And when you say I need a "clinic" do you mean someone like Hair Club or Bosley or something?

Sorry for so many questions, this is all brand new to me and thx again for your help.

I remove, clean and reattach every 18-21 days and do it at home.

Clinic, club or salon as in anywhere that sells and fits.

How come more men don't do this?

And has anyone called you out and notices that your hair is "fake"?

I'm excited about this but still unsure and skeptical. I just don't want to get my hopes up that's all

Quote Originally Posted by BalderbytheMinute View Post
    How come more men don't do this?

And has anyone called you out and notices that your hair is "fake"?

I'm excited about this but still unsure and skeptical. I just don't want to get my hopes up that's all
    I've looked into all hairloss options and i think it's a pretty good option. beats being bald which is absolutely not an option for me. I went to a high end clinic locally where they custom fit you, give you hair cut and everything. Both owners(male and female had one on. I was very impressed with how real they look. though the one flaw i saw was the hairline doesn't look 100 percent real when you pull hair back up close. My plan is a hair transplant for hairline to mid scalp and if needed a hair system for back i think that would be 100 undetectable. Also another option to consider is Scalp Micro pigmentation if you can pull off a very short hair cut .

Hey BBTM

I am about your age and have been wearing a system for a few years, so I can give you a second perspective. I think most of us younger guys are in this to increase our chances with the opposite sex (or the same sex in some cases).

My lace units are very comfortable and breathable - most of the time I honestly forget I am wearing it once it's on. It definitely won't "fall off". As you'll see as soon as you try one, that is completely impossible. It is just a Hollywood gag. I mostly change my piece every week (I have 2 that I swap about). It takes me about an hour a week. That keeps my unit fresh and with a solid bond, and my scalp in good condition.

So far as I am aware (and you can tell) since I have been wearing a fine lace piece no one has ever spotted that I am wearing anything or said anything to embarrass me. The few people I have told have been incredulous, and one of them is now also doing the same thing. They are really subtle and undetectable. If you want to see what one of these looks like from a non-commercial source I will share a pic of mine with you if you email me on keltinthedelta at yahoo dot com.

I haven't heard of anyone particularly good in Phoenix. I wouldn't recommend Hair Club though. Most of the people who I have come across who tried hair replacement and hated it seem to have gone through Hair Club. I would recommend that you try to get your pieces on-line and get an ordinary hair salon to cut them in (ie match them to your fringe of natural hair) for you. You'll save a fortune and get a better quality piece. There is a guy who posts as Gaminggolfer / Chefmclifter (not on this forum, but you can easily track him down on Google) who is based in Scottsdale and wears a very nice-looking hairpiece. You could ask him who he uses to do his cuts.

Alternatively there are salons where you can get pieces bought on-line cut remotely - you send them a picture of your bald self and the look you're going for, and they do the cut in and send it to you ready to wear. Let me know if you want details.

Hope that's helpful.

You have recieved some great advice here. The one thing I would stress to you if you live is a hot climate is a lace base, it is soft, light and most importantly breathable. Skin type base materials will trap all the heat and moisture under the hair sytem.