+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Anecdotally I don't think that is common at all for guys with Male Pattern Baldness. Maybe you should get a trichologist to look at it though, in case it is one of the rarer types of balding.

Honestly, I would advise you to look after the next 5 years and leave the remote future till later. Who knows what will have happened or how you will feel about hair in 10 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Candide View Post
    Anecdotally I don't think that is common at all for guys with Male Pattern Baldness. Maybe you should get a trichologist to look at it though, in case it is one of the rarer types of balding.

Honestly, I would advise you to look after the next 5 years and leave the remote future till later. Who knows what will have happened or how you will feel about hair in 10 years?
    I will definitely take this into consideration and thanks agian for the advice. By the way, do you think a "full cap" hairpiece would be the best option for me? I have seen videos on YouTube but is the cost much different than a partial top cap? Any advice with this and do you think a full cap would be an option?

I certainly don't think the little bit of sparseness you currently have at the neckline justifies thinking about a full cap. As I said before, no one but you would even pick up on that. If it gets markedly worse a full cap would be an option, but there are additional challenges with full caps, particularly getting an effective bond at the nape of the neck, which is muscle rather than bone, and constantly changing shape as you move your head around. Detectability to the touch is also a bigger issue for full caps. Better to try to make a standard system work if you can.

I certainly don't think the little bit of sparseness you currently have at the neckline justifies thinking about a full cap. As I said before, no one but you would even pick up on that. If it gets markedly worse a full cap would be an option, but there are additional challenges with full caps, particularly getting an effective bond at the nape of the neck, which is muscle rather than bone, and constantly changing shape as you move your head around. Detectability to the touch is also a bigger issue for full caps. Better to try to make a standard system work if you can.
    I talked to the lady who will be doing my first hair piece today and she was confident that I can do a partial piece like you suggested so that's some good news. Looks like I should be getting it done in a week which I'm a bit nervous about. I just hope it looks as real as the youtube videos show...

Good luck BBTM. Let us know how it goes.

Good luck BBTM. Let us know how it goes.
    So I got my first hair piece today and overall, I think it went well. I will post pics later like probably tomorrow or next day and show you guys.

The only thing I'm not happy with is:

1) The front lace shows. I like to style the hair upward so the lace is quite visible. Maybe it is because she opted to tape it on instead of glue it on? Or the lace is too light of a color?

Other than that, I think my sides still need to grow in a bit for better blending but the color is an exact match of my hair which I was surprised by. Now I just have to see how long it will last before getting another hair piece...

Pictures coming tomorrow or next day... thanks again guys for your support and help during this process.

Congrats. Yes please post pictures as I'm considering a hair piece instead of surgery. Btw, how much did it cost?

Quote Originally Posted by Inthemix View Post
    Congrats. Yes please post pictures as I'm considering a hair piece instead of surgery. Btw, how much did it cost?
    Thanks Inthemix and I wasn't happy with the way it looked today cuz I used tape on the front so I'm redoing it with glue in the front and will take pics with it looking that that cuz the tape was so reflective and it looked crappy. lol

By the way, the cost was $650 cuz I went through a local stylist here. My plan is to get it from an online site cuz I've heard it is cheaper that way and then have my bro put on my hair piece for me.

Pictures coming soon...

Hey guys I posted pics in a new thread here:
    https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/thread...dvice-you-have

Please let me know what you think with an honest opinion and I had some questions too for the experienced guys out here.

Thanks again for the help through this process!