+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 21 to 29 of 29
  1. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    31

    Default

    Anecdotally I don't think that is common at all for guys with Male Pattern Baldness. Maybe you should get a trichologist to look at it though, in case it is one of the rarer types of balding.

    Honestly, I would advise you to look after the next 5 years and leave the remote future till later. Who knows what will have happened or how you will feel about hair in 10 years?

  2. #22
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Candide View Post
    Anecdotally I don't think that is common at all for guys with Male Pattern Baldness. Maybe you should get a trichologist to look at it though, in case it is one of the rarer types of balding.

    Honestly, I would advise you to look after the next 5 years and leave the remote future till later. Who knows what will have happened or how you will feel about hair in 10 years?
    I will definitely take this into consideration and thanks agian for the advice. By the way, do you think a "full cap" hairpiece would be the best option for me? I have seen videos on YouTube but is the cost much different than a partial top cap? Any advice with this and do you think a full cap would be an option?

  3. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    31

    Default

    I certainly don't think the little bit of sparseness you currently have at the neckline justifies thinking about a full cap. As I said before, no one but you would even pick up on that. If it gets markedly worse a full cap would be an option, but there are additional challenges with full caps, particularly getting an effective bond at the nape of the neck, which is muscle rather than bone, and constantly changing shape as you move your head around. Detectability to the touch is also a bigger issue for full caps. Better to try to make a standard system work if you can.

  4. #24
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Candide View Post
    I certainly don't think the little bit of sparseness you currently have at the neckline justifies thinking about a full cap. As I said before, no one but you would even pick up on that. If it gets markedly worse a full cap would be an option, but there are additional challenges with full caps, particularly getting an effective bond at the nape of the neck, which is muscle rather than bone, and constantly changing shape as you move your head around. Detectability to the touch is also a bigger issue for full caps. Better to try to make a standard system work if you can.
    I talked to the lady who will be doing my first hair piece today and she was confident that I can do a partial piece like you suggested so that's some good news. Looks like I should be getting it done in a week which I'm a bit nervous about. I just hope it looks as real as the youtube videos show...

  5. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    31

    Default

    Good luck BBTM. Let us know how it goes.

  6. #26
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Candide View Post
    Good luck BBTM. Let us know how it goes.
    So I got my first hair piece today and overall, I think it went well. I will post pics later like probably tomorrow or next day and show you guys.

    The only thing I'm not happy with is:

    1) The front lace shows. I like to style the hair upward so the lace is quite visible. Maybe it is because she opted to tape it on instead of glue it on? Or the lace is too light of a color?

    Other than that, I think my sides still need to grow in a bit for better blending but the color is an exact match of my hair which I was surprised by. Now I just have to see how long it will last before getting another hair piece...

    Pictures coming tomorrow or next day... thanks again guys for your support and help during this process.

  7. #27
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Congrats. Yes please post pictures as I'm considering a hair piece instead of surgery. Btw, how much did it cost?

  8. #28
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Inthemix View Post
    Congrats. Yes please post pictures as I'm considering a hair piece instead of surgery. Btw, how much did it cost?
    Thanks Inthemix and I wasn't happy with the way it looked today cuz I used tape on the front so I'm redoing it with glue in the front and will take pics with it looking that that cuz the tape was so reflective and it looked crappy. lol

    By the way, the cost was $650 cuz I went through a local stylist here. My plan is to get it from an online site cuz I've heard it is cheaper that way and then have my bro put on my hair piece for me.

    Pictures coming soon...

  9. #29
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    28

    Default

    Hey guys I posted pics in a new thread here:
    https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/thread...dvice-you-have

    Please let me know what you think with an honest opinion and I had some questions too for the experienced guys out here.

    Thanks again for the help through this process!

Similar Threads

  1. So tired of Non-Sufferers telling me to "get over it", "Hair loss is nothin. Move on"
    By FlightTL in forum Coping with Hair Loss in Everyday Life
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 08-04-2016, 10:18 AM
  2. Kelly Slater says "NO!" to hair transplants and "YES" to clipping it off!
    By FlightTL in forum Men's Hair Loss: Start Your Own Topic
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-19-2015, 12:50 AM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-01-2013, 07:03 PM
  4. "Gemini1" and "Gemini2" 11-Month Post-Op Forum Update
    By Gemini2 in forum Men's Hair Loss: Start Your Own Topic
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-18-2010, 04:58 PM
  5. Forum Update on Twin Brothers "Gemini 1" and "Gemini 2" --10.5 Months, Dr. Hasson
    By Gemini2 in forum Men's Hair Loss: Start Your Own Topic
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-08-2010, 02:49 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

Young men's experience with Propecia
11-04-2011 01:31 AM
by timmis
Last Post By richter101
Today 02:57 PM
The Big 3 might not be working...
09-30-2016 10:50 PM
Last Post By richter101
Today 02:51 PM
Restarting Minoxdil after 5 months
11-03-2010 05:29 PM
by aiyosh
Last Post By richter101
Today 02:48 PM
What sucks the most about getting a HT?
10-06-2016 12:09 PM
Last Post By richter101
Today 02:45 PM
help Still thinning and shedding....
10-18-2016 09:14 AM
by alam962
Last Post By richter101
Today 02:43 PM
Sides from propecia what to do ?
10-09-2016 03:37 AM
Last Post By richter101
Today 02:39 PM