+ Reply to Thread

Default Based of your personal experience, whoIS the best hair transplant surgeons in the US

for those who have undergone the procedure, and have gotten excellent results, who would your recommend

no one here had a transplant?

Quote Originally Posted by cardib View Post
    no one here had a transplant?
    Shapiro is the best in the us by far.

Inactive

I had mine with Dr. Mohebi in LA and couldn't be happier. If I were you, I would start looking at results posted on the forum by different doctors and see which ones stand out to you. Find patients who had similar hair loss to what you have now and see what sort of results they ended up with. Do lots of research, get a list together, have consultations with your top choices, ask questions, speak to their former patients, etc. If you do all of this, you'll be well on your way to making a really well informed decision.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

can you give me a idea of cost?
    thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pkipling View Post
    I had mine with Dr. Mohebi in LA and couldn't be happier. If I were you, I would start looking at results posted on the forum by different doctors and see which ones stand out to you. Find patients who had similar hair loss to what you have now and see what sort of results they ended up with. Do lots of research, get a list together, have consultations with your top choices, ask questions, speak to their former patients, etc. If you do all of this, you'll be well on your way to making a really well informed decision.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Inactive

I'm honestly not familiar with the current rates, and it's something that varies depending on the type of procedure (FUE/FUT) and where you go. US/Canada are generally more expensive than Europe. In the US/Canada, I believe average pricing per graft is in the ballpark of $4-6/graft for FUT and $8-12/graft for FUE. Again, this is a rough ballpark estimate and varies considerably depending on the doctor, their experience, type of procedure, number of grafts needed, etc.

I will also add that while price is an important factor, I don't think this is something anyone should go into looking to bargain shop. I think it's a bad move to make a decision of this manner based solely on price. Your first priority should be finding a doctor that you trust and who will give you solid results. If they happen to be within your budget, fantastic. If not, I think it's better to wait a little longer and save more money before moving forward. I have seen way too many botched cases online of guys who found a great deal for a hair transplant, and end up having to spend even more money to get it fixed the way it should've been done the first time - and sometimes they're botched so bad that they're barely fixable.

i just feel as though there a million con artist doctors ready to take your money, promise you results, and then botch you up, and a very small percentage of doctors who do a good job, but sometimes might botch it up as well. It's like you cant find someone with a winning streak.