+ Reply to Thread

Default Potenital crown and hairline work

Hello,

I am 29 years old. I have been on Finasteride for 10 months and I am not pleased with the results. I have a doctor appointment this week and will try to get dutasteride although I am a bit pessimistic whether I will get it or not. Before I started finasteride I visited a dermatologist and he told me my hair loss was very minor and advised me to just use minox. I have scalp psoriasis so I do not want to use minox unless necessary. I started finasteride and I am also using a 2% keto shampoo 3 times a week. I have a double crown and always had a pronounced double crown so any thinning in the area is very visible. I have received some comments on my crown over the years and although it could be worse it is bothering me. My hairline is also uneven. It receded some years ago and I hoped it was only a mature hairline developing. It stopped and has been uneven since and not changed much. My weak side have some miniaturised hairs so it is not just a mature hairline I guess. I am looking into a hair transplant, but want to ensure I have stabilised completely before doing so. Can I fix this crown when I am 30-31? I know a lot of doctors would want to wait until 35, but the years roll by and I don’t want to be unhappy with my hair. I am at an age where I should establish a career and find a girl and settle down, but I am obsessing about my hair. It is not bad know, but I am afraid it could get worse. Any input? Here is a link to my photos. Photos goes back to March 2014. I had some photos from before that, but lost my phone. It did not change much up to that either. I have also included a photo I found that must be 20 years old showing my crown.

https://imgur.com/a/Q86gL

Man your hair looks great, you just have a double cowlick its going to look like that but the hair thickend up nicely.

I am aware that my situation is not that bad today, but I am willing to do anything to keep my hair. I am lucky that I can tolerate finasteride really well. I have zero side effects and have been on 1,25mg every day for 10.5 months now. I have decided to try to stick to my initial plan of using finasteride for 2 full years before making any further decision. If I am unhappy with the results then I will try to get a subscription for dutasteride. However, I would like a more symmetrical hairline. My maternal grandfather had a similar hairline when he passed away. I have seen it from photos. If I do get a transplant for the hairline, would it be possible to make the cowlicks less pronounced? How many grafts do you think I would need? I will be 30-31 when I potentially decide to have a transplant.