+ Reply to Thread

Default 9-11 Jun 16: Enough time to choose surgeon & get a transplant in an Istanbul clinic?

Hi all,
    At short notice I've had to book a trip from Australia to Europe, so given some reading of some great results from Istanbul surgeons, I've booked a stopover in IST on Jun 9-11.

I'll get more info, but based on your experience with surgeon / hospitals and tourism season, could I realistically contact/discuss/book a hair transplant session in around 3.5wks time?

Sorry it's such an urgent question! I'm 45 and can post up a pic soon.

I recall a fella from a suburb of Dublin, Ireland who had reviewed his successful surgery here recently. A friend actually lives in his suburb,Lucan (if I recall correctly).

Have I left it too late?

You should not book a transplant only because of convenience of being in Istanbul at that time. First carefully look at patient results and reviews and choose the surgeon you trust, who can give you the best result using your precious donor supply and don't waste it. Then look at booking a date for surgery and contact the clinic.

Aussie Bee. As much as hairloss is affecting you DO NOT DO THIS. Hair transplant is a last resort and is not all peaches like they make it out to be. It is not something you should do on impulse.Do more research at lest 3 to 4 months worth. Send some pictures to various docs and get ideas of how many grafts you may need. And look deeper into there results.Look at people with similar hair characteristics as you and similar hairloss. Hair characteristics is a major advantage for reasonable results. Have realistic expectations because a donar of maximum 5000 to 7000 grafts coverered on top of a norward 6 is about 1/8 of the density you originally had. See the picture Joe Tillman posted a while back of a thin mohark on a norward 6.

Have a look on other forums where patients post there OWN results. Most results you will see posted by doctors are there trophy results. Some with dubious lighting to enhance the results. Are you on Finasteride? because if you havent stablized your hairloss then you will continue to lose hair in and behind the transplant.

If you're making a quick decision, it's almost certain that it's a bad decision.

Wow! Don't even consider it. You're not buying a pair of shoes here. You will live with this decision the rest of your life.