X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • perrier
    • Jan 2012

Weak hair falling with tiny pimple at the end

Hi,

Since the start of my hair loss (7+ years ago) in the areas of the scalp where my hair is thinning I've been getting tiny red pimples around the hairs which then grow out and become an itchy scab which then falls off when I scratch it or even touch it.

I've pretty much accepted my hair loss as a given and know there's no escaping the inevitable. I just wanted to check if what I explained above is something part of the process of losing my hair or your hair falls off without these pimples and scabs and I should get it checked.

To be as accurate as possible I'm attaching a picture of a tiny thin hair with the said pimple on a piece of cardboard with barcode on to show the actual size. I'm sorry if it's gross to some but I just really need some advice.

Thanks!
    Attached Files
  • BaldingHelpMe
    • Sep 2015

The pimple is huge! I also have a tiny white bulb attached to the shed hair at the end, but not as huge.

Comment

• Johny41
      • Dec 2014

Originally posted by BaldingHelpMe
      tiny white bulb attached to the shed hair
      It is the root of your hair.
      Hey @perrier, the pimple is really big and taking into consideration that your scalp itches, it could be an infection. I'd consult a dermatologist.

Comment

• BaldingHelpMe
        • Sep 2015

Originally posted by Johny41
        It is the root of your hair.
        So, it's normal to have a tiny white bulb there?

Comment

Working...