+ Reply to Thread

Default On Propecia since 4 months 1/2 : What are the reasons NOT to begin minoxidil (pics)

Hi,

I am on Propecia since 4 month 1/2, Nizoral 2 times a week, Biotin and Stemoxydine Garnier.
    I don't feel any improvement, maybe a very little slowdown.
    I have of course AGA and also TE (linked or not with AGA, that is the point). It starts with TE, 60 / 70 % of my hairs falls within few months. If I knew that those hairs would come back naturally in the upcoming months, I would stay on Propecia to see what this could do on its own. This may be chronic or not-TE due to my (hell) condition, or not. But, like always we never now, like other poster said to me there is few months, "when you have TE and AGA, you never know if the hairs are coming back"...

I did not start minoxidil with the others things because I had to undergo neurosurgery before.
    That, is done (at least I am alive, it is a good point). Without it,I would have begun minox with absolutly no hesitation.

But now, like many, I am very reluctant to start minoxidil because of its captive nature (like proprecia but more restrictive)(I am by the way so happy to stop Stemox... in 1 or 2 weeks..) (1),
    the uncertainty of it because if I want to stop it in several years, how can I can know what is my real hair condition without it? (2)
    aging of the skin (3),
    and loss of efficiency with time / or aggravating things worse (still above baseline after 10 years?) (4).

(5) If (IF!) new solutions are actually incoming, what will become minoxidil enhanced hairs when we stop? (Example: Folica, Histogen, SM Samumed, RepliCel?). The only thing that could lead me to begin minox right now is a hope that we could put it into the trash for better with no damage and less restrictive within the 5 years...

(EDIT : I have difficulties to put pics online with my phone for now, until I succed, my hairloss is Diffuse Unpaterned)

Default Minoxidill

Minoxidil worked for me though I stopped because of side effects such as itchy scaly scalp and irregular blood pressure levels (apparently a rare side effect).
    It’s been about three months since I stopped using the Monoxidil foam and am currently experiencing an elongated shed.

I was on Monoxidil for about eight months once a day with great success, though now my hair has never looked worse.

At this point I don’t know if this is my new baseline or not and do not want to start using it again.

I think that you are going to be under your baseline for a while, and then you go to slowly reach it again. It could take some time.

BTW, sorry to have multiply my askings.
    My main concern is that one :

"(5) If (IF!) new solutions are actually incoming, what will become minoxidil enhanced hairs when we stop? (Example: Folica, Histogen, SM Samumed, RepliCel?). The only thing that could lead me to begin minox right now is a hope that we could put it into the trash for better with no damage and less restrictive within the 5 years..."