+ Reply to Thread

Default Are there any decent remedies or solutions for a receding hairline?

I'm not losing hair on the top of my head (at least not yet), but my hairline is receding (especially in the corners). I'm in my late 20s and am hoping I can stop this before it gets worse.

Has anyone had any luck maintaining their hairline? I thought about Propecia or Rogaine, but everyone says they work only on the crown. I even talked to a dermatologist, and he basically echoed those statements. Has anyone else had a different experience?

I'd appreciate any recommendations or suggestions.

Propecia has maintained what I already have and I've experience no side effects.

I think they just have to say that because the drug's only FDA approved for the crown........it's my understanding that it's not as effective at the hairline but it may still be helpful. I'm no physician, I'm just a guy in the same boat as you so take it for what it's worth.

I only wish I found this forum and got on Propeica when my hair started to thin. I spent money on all kinds of junk. Propecia has certainly helped me maintain what I have but I wish I took it sooner.

I'm 24 now and I was losing hair at 20... it was slow but by 23... or this january I mean... my hairline was easily a norwood 2. It looked like an advanced norwood 2 I guess. Sucked.

Anyhow, I started Propecia but got scared and dropped it. Personally it's not worth it to me... even if it didn't mess me up, I just don't want to risk it. I'll just shave it.

but I said screw it and decided to try Nizoral + Rogaine Foam 2x a day. Actually you can do 1x a day to maintain.. but start with 2 and see if you can regrow anything.

Anyhow, I started Mid January and it's.. March now... my hairline has... *crosses fingers and hopes it lasts for at least 2 years* grown back for the most part. Not 100% completely but.. probably like 95%. It looks.... well if I could just do what i'm donig for the rest of my life I would. It's perfect fine for me. I'm super happy with it. And yeah, this is my hairline.. not my crown.

Answer: I use Nizoral and Rogaine Foam and yes it does indeed work on the hairline... I grew back hair and my hair became thicker. It worked to an extent that I'm personally super happy. I would give it a try dude. Get a 3 month supply of the foam and get some nizoral and just see how that works for you.

I guess i can post pics but im so lazy. everyone around me knew me as the paranoid guy about his hair everyday is relieved because i no longer talk about it. I ****ing love it.