+ Reply to Thread

Default Crown after wearing hat

Anyone else who is thinning around the crown, after you take off your hat does it feel much thinner and look terrible. I think its normal because it pushes the hair down but mine just feels almost completely bald and I'm only 22 years old. Usually it doesn't look or feel too bad after I shower and put In rogaine, but after I take off my hat after work you really notice how thin my hair is. Does anyone else have this problem. Also I've been on finasteride for almost a year now and I don't feel like its helped. If anything, my hair has gotten even thinner.

Quote Originally Posted by seanc94 View Post
    Anyone else who is thinning around the crown, after you take off your hat does it feel much thinner and look terrible. I think its normal because it pushes the hair down but mine just feels almost completely bald and I'm only 22 years old. Usually it doesn't look or feel too bad after I shower and put In rogaine, but after I take off my hat after work you really notice how thin my hair is. Does anyone else have this problem. Also I've been on finasteride for almost a year now and I don't feel like its helped. If anything, my hair has gotten even thinner.
    finasteride will either save you, or completely f*ck you... this should really be Merck's warning label because it's true.

Inactive

It's totally normal for "hat hair" to accentuate your hair loss. The hair gets flattened while you're wearing your hat, and I assume it tends to hold the natural oils from your scalp more as well since it's not being able to breathe. This makes your hair heavier and flatter and look thinner as a result. Give it a good shampoo and blow dry and it will perk right back up.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

What about when you wake up? Is it normal for the crown to look worse/bad then?

Yes, if I sleep on my back it looks a lot worse when I wake up. Do you guys have any insight on the finasteride? Since its been almost a year and it appears thinner now then before I started. Is that normal?

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by seanc94 View Post
    Yes, if I sleep on my back it looks a lot worse when I wake up. Do you guys have any insight on the finasteride? Since its been almost a year and it appears thinner now then before I started. Is that normal?
    This is a tricky question to answer, as the time it takes to see results varies from person to person. Some claim to see results right away, and some say it takes up to a year or so. Not only that, but the type of "results" varies from person to person as well. My hair fall has decreased tremendously while taking Fin, but I can't say that I definitively experienced any regrowth (due to already having a hair transplant in the main area I was losing hair from - so there would be no way to know.)

I think the best thing you can do is to talk to your doctor. They could discuss different options with you, such as dosage, for example. Also, I've read some users in the forums say that they respond much better to the name brand, and that the off brand didn't work as well/at all for them - so that's something you could discuss with your doctor as well. I'm not sure if there's any scientific proof behind that, but it's something to consider.

Hope that helps.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

I've found the same problem lately when I wear a hat. I try not to push it all the way down, not that it helps but I try haha.

Toppik is a great product!

And I second that - fina will either **** you or save me.

I was the former unfortunately