+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default thinking about starting propecia

i am currently 20 years old and i talked to my doctor about taking propecia. she did not seem to be overwhelmingly aware about the drug but stated that she has prescribed it before. she also said to do a little research on my own to see if it was worth. lastly she took my blood to test my liver enzymes. I had never heard of them doing that before. So i guess the reasoning for this post is should i take propecia?

Are you experiencing hairloss? Can you see yourself coming to terms with it? If you answered yes to the first question and no to the second, propecia is the safest effective means of treating your hairloss. I started the drug at your age and personally it was so worth it. I was and am still able to live my life without the constant anxiety of losing my hair.

How old are you now dm90 and when did you see results from fin?

I'm 26, fin just stopped hairloss for me. I was a nw2 by 18 my got on fin at either 19 or 20. I've more or less maintained the same hair since I was 17-18. I don't think early hairloss necessarily equates to aggressive. If that were always the case fin wouldn't have worked so well for me.

Quote Originally Posted by dm90 View Post
    Are you experiencing hairloss? Can you see yourself coming to terms with it? If you answered yes to the first question and no to the second, propecia is the safest effective means of treating your hairloss. I started the drug at your age and personally it was so worth it. I was and am still able to live my life without the constant anxiety of losing my hair.
    I can come to terms with hair loss in the future but i have been losing hair since i was 17. at the rate i am going i should be pretty bald by the time i am 23. that is what i am afraid of i think i am going to try propecia. i am currently an nw 2 close to a nw 3.

I'm 26, fin just stopped hairloss for me. I was a nw2 by 18 my got on fin at either 19 or 20. I've more or less maintained the same hair since I was 17-18. I don't think early hairloss necessarily equates to aggressive. If that were always the case fin wouldn't have worked so well for me.
    Have you ever taken dut? On paper, dut sure should have worked better than fin since it inhibits type-1 and type-2 enzymes. But is there a slight chance that for whatever reason, in reality fin would work better than dut? It does not make sense, I know.

I'm currently taking Dut in addition to fin. I'm going to stop taking fin when my perscription runs out. DUT works better than fin in pretty much all cases. Unless youre one of the rare individuals with the genotype that is more responsive to fin.

Do you think there's a chance your NW2 hairline was just your "mature" one and the fin isn't really doing anything? Not asking to be snotty, I'm genuinely wondering if that's what happened, particularly since you got on it so young.

Also where do you get your dut?

I'm currently taking Dut in addition to fin. I'm going to stop taking fin when my perscription runs out. DUT works better than fin in pretty much all cases. Unless youre one of the rare individuals with the genotype that is more responsive to fin.
    How long have you been on both drugs? Did you see increased shedding when adding dut?