+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by dm90 View Post
    I'm currently taking Dut in addition to fin. I'm going to stop taking fin when my perscription runs out. DUT works better than fin in pretty much all cases. Unless youre one of the rare individuals with the genotype that is more responsive to fin.
    I remember you stated you were going to try ru. Do you trust the sources we have?

Quote Originally Posted by dm90 View Post
    I'm currently taking Dut in addition to fin. I'm going to stop taking fin when my perscription runs out. DUT works better than fin in pretty much all cases. Unless youre one of the rare individuals with the genotype that is more responsive to fin.
    dm what else are you using?

I remember you stated you wanted to start ru. Which source are you using to buy it? Do you think the premade solution is ok?

Hey John sorry about the late response, yes I am taking RU at 100mg a day. I trust the kane source because several IR's have been done on it. I personally did a an IR to confirm this. I'm unaware of the actual stability of RU but ive read anecdotal reports that making a fresh dose every day is best. Thats what I do, and let me say that its not really inconvinient at all. I've included minoxidil 3 weeks ago to have a complete regiment. Let me tell you I'm shedding like crazy. As Ive said before me admitting to shedding is huge because I just never notice it. But 3-4 hairs fall out every other brush. But personally im loving it. Clearly minoxidil is doing its job. Dut for 4 months, dht levels are at 5ng/dl, 100mg a day for 4 weeks and monixodil for 3 weeks. Ill post a picture update at the 12 week mark for minoxidil.

That's good news. What lab did your doc use to test dht levels? I asked my doc and he said quest labs did not have the option to test dht any longer.

Also where are you getting supplies (Ppg and ethanol) from, I assume you like in the US like me. I'm having a difficult time finding sources. If you're not comfortable posting it on here you can email me jj51702@outlook.com.

That's awesome that you tested the ru. What does the IR show? Do you work at a university?

Thanks again

John

For lab testing I use quest diagnostics, there are some bad reviews of them online, but just going in for a "luxury" dht test was super fast and painless. They are a legitimate lab company. If youre not comfortable you can tell your doctor you are on dht reduction medication for hairloss and would like to get your DHT checked. He or she should refer you to someone who can get this done. All my supplies come from amazon for RU. IR is fairly accurate at prediction the structure of molecules. It basically shows what bonds and functional groups are present. It takes training to be able to read it out. Being involved with a university or a chemical lab is really the only way to get access to these machines because they can run up to 500k in price. However several form members have performed this on Kane's RU and its consistently the most trusted source.

And I should also say that I believe RU is a good addition to a regiment but personally I don't feel it can replace a 5AR inhibitor. One of the few studies done on RU praises its high selectivity for the AR stating it has approx 1.8x the affinity for the receptor of testosterone. DHT is said to have 3-5x the affinity of testosterone. Also DHT is thought to mainly work through autocrine signaling, meaning the cell secretes DHT and it attaches to the receptor on the same cell. This is just a gut feeling so feel free to look up any studies to correct me, but I believe it is more difficult to compete against an autocrine response over a paracrine one. We are learning that testosterone itself has negative effects on hair, however the clinical trials clearly show how effective finasteride is at stopping hairloss in 90% of men so this effect may not be a threat invivo. If you're on dutasteride, RU probably wont do much, but if you want the peace of mind that no androgens are contacting your follicles then its a good addition.