thinking about starting propecia

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dm90
    • Jan 2016

And I should also say that I believe RU is a good addition to a regiment but personally I don't feel it can replace a 5AR inhibitor. One of the few studies done on RU praises its high selectivity for the AR stating it has approx 1.8x the affinity for the receptor of testosterone. DHT is said to have 3-5x the affinity of testosterone. Also DHT is thought to mainly work through autocrine signaling, meaning the cell secretes DHT and it attaches to the receptor on the same cell. This is just a gut feeling so feel free to look up any studies to correct me, but I believe it is more difficult to compete against an autocrine response over a paracrine one. We are learning that testosterone itself has negative effects on hair, however the clinical trials clearly show how effective finasteride is at stopping hairloss in 90% of men so this effect may not be a threat invivo. If you're on dutasteride, RU probably wont do much, but if you want the peace of mind that no androgens are contacting your follicles then its a good addition.

Comment

Working...