+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: PRP At home

Quote Originally Posted by TLett View Post
    Thx so much for your answers! I’ve watched several YouTube videos on how to do a self draw and I’m not afraid. And I really appreciate your info on the spin specs you used. That part has confused me a bit. I see that your centrifuge isn’t expensive, if you purchased the one on Noked list of items. Do you feel like this spinner is sufficient for the use we’re using it for? Man you can spend as much money as you want to on those machines geez 🤔
    I’m going to do more researching on the spin times, but I was pretty pleased with the results. I mean I won’t know what my head is going to do for a little while, but I was pleased with the cheap side of use. I didn’t trust the timer, so I used a timer on my phone

I had no problem buying the 4mm needles. It was easy as buying something from amazon. Straight to doo.

I just “attempted” my 2nd session and I am convinced this is a 2 man job. Drawing blood...no problem...after that you have no idea how much Buffy coat you are collecting and when it comes to injection, I get ZERO under the surface of the skin with the 4mm needle. The syringe won’t even budge when I inject the needle and apply pressure. Does anyone have a useful YouTube video for using small needles for injections? I pretty much just have prp dripping down my face after about an hour of prep...

Dear John, what was your injection set up? Could you feel the prp go into the skin?

Quote Originally Posted by Noked View Post
    Dear John, what was your injection set up? Could you feel the prp go into the skin?
    First, may I ask where you got the 4 mm needles? Second of all, I don’t like the syringe is we used. They are 1/3 of a cc insulin syringe is and we kept having to refill and refill and refill.

When I say “we”, I had my head nurse friend do the injections this first time. I didn’t want to take it on myself, but plan on trying eventually.

If nothing is coming out, are you in starting th first, may I ask where you got the 4 mm needles? Second of all, I don’t like the syringe is we used. They are 1/3 of a cc insulin syringe is and we kept having to refill and refill and refill.

When I say “we“, I had my head nurse friend do the injections this first time. I didn’t want to take it on myself, but plan on trying eventually.

If nothing is coming out, are you inserting the needle at an angle?

https://beautygroup-shop.com/meso-re...-12mm-25mm-1pc

Bought them from here. Which was shared earlier.

It was a seamless process and bought them about 3 weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Noked View Post
    https://beautygroup-shop.com/meso-re...-12mm-25mm-1pc

Bought them from here. Which was shared earlier.

It was a seamless process and bought them about 3 weeks ago.
    I somehow missed this. This is perfect. Thank you!

Thank you Sparkshine! You've done an amazing job putting an outline/protocol together and I and I'm sure many others are incredibly grateful!!!!

I have a few questions:

1) How often would you do the procedure?
    2) How long do the effects last?
    3) Have you seen any noticeable results, i.e., are they dramatic or more subtle (as with dermarolling only)
    4) Do you think it's possible to get enough of a lift in the cheek region? Close to what a fat grafting procedure might offer.
    5) Would you be willing to share photographs?

So grateful to all and happy to know I'm not the only nut willing to try this on my own!

So thought ill add my experience with doing prp at home. I did the procedure once two years ago even though i had attempted it twice and i have finally decided to start doing the procedure again. i basically didnt do it again because i got kinda lazy and i hated taking my own blood (have had a fair few fails doing this). So when i did it my procedure was :
    1) Took my own blood using a 21g/23g vacutainer needle (cant remember the exact size) into etda bd tubes.
    2)Then i centrifuged the blood only once (cant remember the exact speed and length of time)
    3)Using a 31g needle and syringe i extracted the prp and ppp (yeh i used both even tho u kinda arent supposed to) and injected it into my head mainly around my hairline. I read somewhere i had to add CaCl2 which i did (even tho im reading that this isnt a must).
    Results and side effects:
    After about a day i got light swelling around the area which stayed for about 2/3 days and then after about 2/3 weeks i did notice very fast growth in my hair length wise and thats about it. i think if i had kept it up every 2 weeks it would have had an impact.

open to questions

Default questions

Helloo Finally I get a centrifuge machine and some prp kits from local buyer. I have 2 questions:
    1. I've not 4mm needle and I use 8mm needle. Im afraid about the depth because I've read that correct depth for scalp is 2 mm insert. How can I understand I'm in correct depth?

2.Can we use these tubes? https://www.amazon.com/Solution-Tube.../dp/B06XWZCZSM
    there are special tubes, kits for prp and they have some certification. I think the tubes in link for chemical procedures but these are cheap. Do you think should we expend more money for Class IIb CE certifiicated tubes.