PRP At home

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • woodpecker
    • Apr 2018

Oh, you'll also need alcohol wipes, gauze and band-aid for your blood draws. If you're in the US like me, you can easily get them from Walmart, CVS or Walgreen.

Also after the injections, you might feel some soreness and redness. That's normal. Don't wash your hair for 24 hours. Don't brush your hair which will irritate the scalp. Let it heal for 24 hrs.

Comment

• leonard
      • Mar 2018

Originally posted by woodpecker
      Oh, you'll also need alcohol wipes, gauze and band-aid for your blood draws. If you're in the US like me, you can easily get them from Walmart, CVS or Walgreen.

Also after the injections, you might feel some soreness and redness. That's normal. Don't wash your hair for 24 hours. Don't brush your hair which will irritate the scalp. Let it heal for 24 hrs.
      Thanks man, this has really helped. Would you ever consider doing a youtube video tutorial on the process?

I am currently trying to source all the necessary items, I will post updates once I finish with the first treatment.

Comment

• woodpecker
        • Apr 2018

Leonard, good luck bud! Let us know how it goes!!

Comment

• woodpecker
          • Apr 2018

Just an update. I have seen some sites saying that derma roller works too. Tho I doubt it coz derma rollers are just 0-2mm and as i’ve said, hair follicles are about 4mm deep. However, I think the derma rollers would perfect to use on your face with LEFTOVER PRP. so just roll the thing on one small area of the face, apply PRP on the area and massage.

Comment

• Noked
            • Jun 2018

anti-coagulation step

If you are transferring your blood sample from a BD EDTA tube to a sterile tube, do you have to worry about anticoagulation at this point as well? Or, does the EDTA transfer into the sterile collection tube with the blood sample?

Make sense?

Comment

• woodpecker
              • Apr 2018

No need to worry. The EDTA tubes have preservatives in there to prevent blood from clotting in the first place. Once the blood is mixed with the preservative in the tube, it will not clot anymore, besides, you are only transferring Plasma into the sterile tube, not the blood itself. The blood will remain in edta tube for spinning. Make sense?

Comment

• woodpecker
                • Apr 2018

Hope this helps!

Comment

• Sparkshine
                  • Apr 2018

Originally posted by Birdman
                  Also, I used steroids for over ten years, so I am no stranger to slin pins. And 21g is not as bad as it seems for blood draw. I had to use 23g pins twice a week for my test injects because of the oil thickness (deep muscle injects). For HGH and peptides I used the standard 30g variety. Slin pins with fixed 31g (or higher) needles can bend or break off in the stopper.

Since I self-inject my Bocouture, dermal fillers and my PRP, it becomes fairly awkward getting the correct angle, depressing the plunger and correctly injecting a uniform amount in a targeted area. For this reason, I'm using a special syringe from Vlow Medical that insures a uniform amount of product is injected with each depression.

...I've been around, my friend.

-Birdman
                  May I ask where you source your Bocouture?

Comment

• Noked
                    • Jun 2018

Just had my first session

So,

I just had my first session at home and it went...ok?

Drawing my own blood with a butterfly needle and BD blood collection set wasn’t bad/hard at all.

My difficulties were at the second spin stage and after using a pipette to get the PRP into a sterile tube, I struggled lightly with getting the final product from said tube and into syringe. I would love to hear anyone’s process to get the prp in the syringe for injection.

I also used a 4mm needle and it seemed like the prp wasn’t going into the skin...a lot of drip and running prp. Guys who have done this more than once, tips?

Comment

• woodpecker
                      • Apr 2018

What you can do is to first use a large (long) needle to suck the PRP, then twist the long needle out of the syringe and switch to the 4mm needle. Or just suck the PRP without needle at all? As for the injection, what degree were you doing? If you were injecting at 90 degree, maybe tilt the needle a little, 45 degree perhaps. The videos I’ve seen were all 45 degree. Go ahead and watch some YouTube videos and see how they’re done. Maybe you need a slightly longer needle.

Comment

• TLett
                        • Jun 2018

I had that question too! This video answered it and it’s a really simple thing.

Comment

• Gradejohn
                          • Jun 2018

I’ve been researching this online. I bought everything I need to do PRP at home. However I’m curious about doctors who have been saying they’re adding protein and/or calcium gluconate. Would this be beneficial, and if so how can I get this?

I’m also in the USA. Unfortunately I can’t use the 4 mm needles that attach to syringes because I cannot get them where I am. At least I can’t figure out where I can get them. I’m working on getting a diabetic insulin pen and adapting that. I would love VLOW 3Dose pen.

Comment

• Noked
                            • Jun 2018

Originally posted by woodpecker
                            Ok, just thought I'll put in my 2 cents. Links are just for references, I'm sure you can find something cheaper online or locally.

Drawing blood - I'm a phlebotomist. So this I know A LOT. get a butterfly needle, 21g or 23g. Either draw yourself or get someone to help you.

Needle holders
                            - http://www.plcofamerica.com/blog/201...erfly-needles/

Tourniquets to help your veins pop and easier to draw: https://www.amazon.com/Physician-Sup...ds=Tourniquets

Tube rack for when you need to keep your tubes upright to pipette the RPR. Also use it to store your unused PRP in freezer (read below): https://www.amazon.com/SEOH-TEST-TUB...ds=tube+holder

Pipettes to remove plasma from your tubes: https://www.amazon.com/Qingsun-Dispo...words=pipettes

Look thru YouTube on how to do a simple blood draw: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_w3-gtzvenk

Type of Tubes: Tubes with ACD solutions or simple EDTA works fine too. The trick is to not let the blood clot. Without ACD or EDTA you will only get serum in return and not plasma. That said, I still prefer ACD.

ACD: https://www.amazon.com/Solution-Tube...ords=acd+tubes

Sterile tubes
                            - you need some sterile tubes to keep your PRP before you transfer to your syringes. Also you can use this to storage your unused PRP and keep them in the freezer. Plasma is usable for up to one year if store in freezer. So keep in mind to draw a little more blood each time. When ready to use the frozen PRP, just thaw them in room temperature. https://www.amazon.com/EarthOx-Steri...=sterile+tubes

Centrifuge: https://www.amazon.com/Tangkula-Elec...rds=centrifuge

Ok here are the steps:

1. Draw your blood in ACD tubes. maybe 6-8 tubes if you want. Can save the rest of the PRP in freezer.

2. First Spin - Spin your tubes in centrifuge. Pipette the plasma and buffy coat into sterile tubes. If you get a little red blood cells that's fine too, no big deal. Just try to be careful only get plasma and buffy coat. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buffy_...ion-scheme.png

3. Second spin - spin your sterile tubes in centrifuge AGAIN. This is to get more concentrated PRP. Ok, now you should see a tube full of yellow goodness and possible a few drops on blood at the bottom. The droplets of blood is from your pipette session if you accidentally sucked in a little red blood cell. like i've said, no big deal. Ok, now look at the tubes, the top 2/3 of it is PPP (Platelet Poor Plasma). Those are not what you want. You only want to keep the bottom 1/3 of the plasma, which is your PRP (platelet RICH plasma). You can research what you can use with the PPP, mostly we just discard it. But I don't know, maybe you can rub on your face? http://image.ec21.com/company/b/bs/b...pimg/01-03.jpg
                            So at this point, you will want to pipette out top 2/3 of it and discard. Save the rest of it for your injection. Injecting your PRP with a little droplets of red blood cell is okay.

4. Injection - Use lidocaine numbing cream if you want. https://www.amazon.com/Lidocane-Plus...lidocaine+4%25. Follow package instructions.

Get yourself some 1-3ml syringes. Get the needles from here: https://beautygroup-shop.com/meso-re...-12mm-25mm-1pc. Why you asked? because these needles are 4mm deep. You want the PRP to be as near to your hair follicles as possible. Your hair follicles are about 4mm deep from your scalp. This 4mm needles will also prevent your injections to go too shallow or too deep. Some people like to add calcium to "open up" the platelets. You can do that too. But seriously, this step is optional.

5. Frequency? Well, once every two weeks sounds reasonable to start with. Then you can reduce to once every 4 weeks.

Good luck!

Use this as a resource. See above.

Comment

• Gradejohn
                              • Jun 2018

Originally posted by Noked
                              Use this as a resource. See above.
                              Thank you. What about money order to the US

Comment

• Gradejohn
                                • Jun 2018

I should not have attempted to use voice to text. That should have read, it will not let me order to the US.

Comment

Working...