+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: PRP At home

Oh, you'll also need alcohol wipes, gauze and band-aid for your blood draws. If you're in the US like me, you can easily get them from Walmart, CVS or Walgreen.

Also after the injections, you might feel some soreness and redness. That's normal. Don't wash your hair for 24 hours. Don't brush your hair which will irritate the scalp. Let it heal for 24 hrs.

Quote Originally Posted by woodpecker View Post
    Oh, you'll also need alcohol wipes, gauze and band-aid for your blood draws. If you're in the US like me, you can easily get them from Walmart, CVS or Walgreen.

Also after the injections, you might feel some soreness and redness. That's normal. Don't wash your hair for 24 hours. Don't brush your hair which will irritate the scalp. Let it heal for 24 hrs.
    Thanks man, this has really helped. Would you ever consider doing a youtube video tutorial on the process?

I am currently trying to source all the necessary items, I will post updates once I finish with the first treatment.

Leonard, good luck bud! Let us know how it goes!!

Just an update. I have seen some sites saying that derma roller works too. Tho I doubt it coz derma rollers are just 0-2mm and as i’ve said, hair follicles are about 4mm deep. However, I think the derma rollers would perfect to use on your face with LEFTOVER PRP. so just roll the thing on one small area of the face, apply PRP on the area and massage.

Cool anti-coagulation step

If you are transferring your blood sample from a BD EDTA tube to a sterile tube, do you have to worry about anticoagulation at this point as well? Or, does the EDTA transfer into the sterile collection tube with the blood sample?

Make sense?

No need to worry. The EDTA tubes have preservatives in there to prevent blood from clotting in the first place. Once the blood is mixed with the preservative in the tube, it will not clot anymore, besides, you are only transferring Plasma into the sterile tube, not the blood itself. The blood will remain in edta tube for spinning. Make sense?

Quote Originally Posted by Birdman View Post
    Also, I used steroids for over ten years, so I am no stranger to slin pins. And 21g is not as bad as it seems for blood draw. I had to use 23g pins twice a week for my test injects because of the oil thickness (deep muscle injects). For HGH and peptides I used the standard 30g variety. Slin pins with fixed 31g (or higher) needles can bend or break off in the stopper.

Since I self-inject my Bocouture, dermal fillers and my PRP, it becomes fairly awkward getting the correct angle, depressing the plunger and correctly injecting a uniform amount in a targeted area. For this reason, I'm using a special syringe from Vlow Medical that insures a uniform amount of product is injected with each depression.

...I've been around, my friend.

-Birdman
    May I ask where you source your Bocouture?

Default Just had my first session

So,

I just had my first session at home and it went...ok?

Drawing my own blood with a butterfly needle and BD blood collection set wasn’t bad/hard at all.

My difficulties were at the second spin stage and after using a pipette to get the PRP into a sterile tube, I struggled lightly with getting the final product from said tube and into syringe. I would love to hear anyone’s process to get the prp in the syringe for injection.

I also used a 4mm needle and it seemed like the prp wasn’t going into the skin...a lot of drip and running prp. Guys who have done this more than once, tips?

What you can do is to first use a large (long) needle to suck the PRP, then twist the long needle out of the syringe and switch to the 4mm needle. Or just suck the PRP without needle at all? As for the injection, what degree were you doing? If you were injecting at 90 degree, maybe tilt the needle a little, 45 degree perhaps. The videos I’ve seen were all 45 degree. Go ahead and watch some YouTube videos and see how they’re done. Maybe you need a slightly longer needle.