PRP At home - Page 3 - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: PRP At home

Default Quick Update - It works !

Yeah Birdman, I find it weird as well but probably people are apprehensive in going through the entire procedure on their own.

I have successfully done 4 prp sessions at home by myself. Let me put across some of the hurdles i had faced initially -

1. Getting the anticoagulent : I had no clue searched a lot and spoke to suppliers in china (alibaba.com) who make hair prp specific anticoagulents (ACD GEL). But then found a local vendor for much cheaper. (if anyone needs any info message i will be glad to help)

2. The right needle gauge size for drawing blood and to inject painlessly in the scalp.
    Drawing blood - 24 gauge neede with a 10-12 cap syringe.
    Injecting in scalp - get those diabetic injections (you wont feel a thing) size 31 G.

3. Some one to help draw blood - I got my maid to help me out here ;/ .... i know had no other choice, besides just needed some one to pull the syringe once placed. Chekout youtube as well.... ohhh and please dont use a fan like julio above, buy a machine by youself, it doesnt cost much online (49$max)

Thats it - What i can guarantee is this ....... PRP works no doubt about it and its not a one time process you have to do it regularly at least once a month to ensure that your results hold. And its the best thing out there better than

Note - i did go for close to 1 year of PRP sessions before, transfer to a new location got me in a fix. So had to take some risks and it was worth it

Okay, no we're talking!

"Yeah Birdman, I find it weird as well but probably people are apprehensive in going through the entire procedure on their own. "

...Maybe so, but you'd figure the interest would be there to witness actual results from a fellow forum member who would have no reason to boast of amazing results if they were not actually happening. You aren't trying to sell a high-end PRP separation product, so you'd think more people would be interested in your efforts?

1. Getting the anticoagulent

...I suffered the same as well. I ended up ordering 40 BD vacutainer tubes with the ACD already inside from Ebay. I transfer the ACD from the tubes over into to an empty sterile vial. I'm drawing into a 60ml syringe, so I'm adding my ACD straight into the 60ml syringe.

2. The right needle gauge size for drawing blood and to inject painlessly in the scalp.

... I have a friend over in Europe who managed to score me some 4mm 30g pins (which is the same length pin Eurosearch recommends for their LinErase collagen injections. I could probably use 6mm pins as well, but have yet to find them. For drawing blood I'm using a standard 21g butterfly.

3. Some one to help draw blood

...I use a 10" tube between my 21g pin and my 60ml syringe. I can hold the syringe with my left hand (pinned arm) and draw the blood with my right. I do this instead of drawing directly into the vacutainer tubes.

I have only self-administered one session so far consisting of two PRP injection areas (head and face). I use the PRP with my Derminator microneedling device (only on face). For my scalp I use a 2.0mm dermastamp (after pinning the PRP). That was one month ago today, so today will be my 2nd treatment.

I have reproduced the entire setup found in this video clip including the spiffy syringe holder. I also scored me some PGE1 and two types of activators (CaCl2 and a physical activator device).

https://youtu.be/gpeikkJhm0s

Let's keep this thread growing and share our info and results. If we show pics and document what we do, maybe this will catch on?

-Birdman

Default Aint no sales man boy.....

Dude, really dont give a damn if you think im trying to sell anything over here.

For results and pictures to be honest why would i spend that much time in clicking pictures and uploading them - (i can if more than a few 'polite' people insist)

1. PRP - Go online on alibaba.com, i dont own this its freaking alibaba everyone knows that you can priety much order anything in quanity and the chinese will make it ---- as i couldnt find this locally initially i did chat online with someone who was selling branded PRP tubes with boitin mixed especially for Hair prp.

Priety tempting but i choose a local fellow cause it was less expensive and had only ACD gel. Also, there are kits that are available online for people to buy specifically meant for hair PRP.

2. Cool you have the butterfly so no apparent issues with drawing blood. I on the other hand was going old school with this. Needle size honestly 21 is hardcore but choose whatever is fine with you. The needle to used to prick is a diabetic syringe of 31G, take my word on this go to any chemist and you should get this. (not painfull and the right size for scalp injections)

I am in my early 30s and have had this problem crop up in the past 4-5 years. Since prp is the only thing that keep the hairfall to a near zero and maintains the thickness as well. I also use a morf 5% along with finasteride 1mg on a every alternate day basis for the past few years. (No sexual problems, being thrusting away to glory lol

For people who havent formed a bald patch yet and are feeling hopeless, well i have been in your position. I have been taking preventive measures thats priety much it........

Best of luck to you all.....

Quote Originally Posted by Birdman View Post
    Okay, no we're talking!

"Yeah Birdman, I find it weird as well but probably people are apprehensive in going through the entire procedure on their own. "

...Maybe so, but you'd figure the interest would be there to witness actual results from a fellow forum member who would have no reason to boast of amazing results if they were not actually happening. You aren't trying to sell a high-end PRP separation product, so you'd think more people would be interested in your efforts?

1. Getting the anticoagulent

...I suffered the same as well. I ended up ordering 40 BD vacutainer tubes with the ACD already inside from Ebay. I transfer the ACD from the tubes over into to an empty sterile vial. I'm drawing into a 60ml syringe, so I'm adding my ACD straight into the 60ml syringe.

... I have a friend over in Europe who managed to score me some 4mm 30g pins (which is the same length pin Eurosearch recommends for their LinErase collagen injections. I could probably use 6mm pins as well, but have yet to find them. For drawing blood I'm using a standard 21g butterfly.

3. Some one to help draw blood

...I use a 10" tube between my 21g pin and my 60ml syringe. I can hold the syringe with my left hand (pinned arm) and draw the blood with my right. I do this instead of drawing directly into the vacutainer tubes.

I have only self-administered one session so far consisting of two PRP injection areas (head and face). I use the PRP with my Derminator microneedling device (only on face). For my scalp I use a 2.0mm dermastamp (after pinning the PRP). That was one month ago today, so today will be my 2nd treatment.

I have reproduced the entire setup found in this video clip including the spiffy syringe holder. I also scored me some PGE1 and two types of activators (CaCl2 and a physical activator device).

https://youtu.be/gpeikkJhm0s

Let's keep this thread growing and share our info and results. If we show pics and document what we do, maybe this will catch on?

-Birdman

"Dude, really dont give a damn if you think im trying to sell anything over here."

...I hope you don't think I was accusing you of that. If you re-read what I wrote, I was pointing out that your experiences should be viewed as being more honest because clearly you are NOT trying to sell some company's PRP products.

Although I don't think you are that interested in having this thread evolve into a "repeatable process" that others who end up tuning in can follow, ...so I'll just go ahead ans start my own thread.

Best of luck to you, as well.

-Birdman

Also, I used steroids for over ten years, so I am no stranger to slin pins. And 21g is not as bad as it seems for blood draw. I had to use 23g pins twice a week for my test injects because of the oil thickness (deep muscle injects). For HGH and peptides I used the standard 30g variety. Slin pins with fixed 31g (or higher) needles can bend or break off in the stopper.

Since I self-inject my Bocouture, dermal fillers and my PRP, it becomes fairly awkward getting the correct angle, depressing the plunger and correctly injecting a uniform amount in a targeted area. For this reason, I'm using a special syringe from Vlow Medical that insures a uniform amount of product is injected with each depression.

...I've been around, my friend.

-Birdman

Birdman and Zinkin, thank you for posting your experiences with at home PRP, it has been very helpful and motivating.

I have purchased my own centrifuge and currently working on finding the anticoagulant.

Is there an in depth tutorial on how to do this? I have been looking for a step by step guide and materials needed list and have not found anything.

I have just pieced together the process from various sources, but would appreciate your help in getting it done right the first time.

thanks again.

Hello,

I also am doing my own PRP treatment for facial rejuvenation and maintaining\restore thinning hairline. First off for context, I am not a physician but I am a clinical scientist in my 30s.

Materials:

I bought a low cost ~80USD centrifuge, along with Sodium Citrate (anticoagulant) containing BD Vacutainer blood collection tubes, 21 gauge butterfly for venous blood collection, 27 gauge syringe for collecting plasma from spun Vacutainer tubes, 30 gauge syringe for injection.

Process and Methods:

PRP treatment protocols are unfortunately lacking standardization. My review of the published data has guided me to a single spin process with a force of 1100g for 11 minutes.

I apply a 1 mm dermaroller to my face and hairline during the spin process.

I apply topical lidocaine 30 minutes prior to injection to increase the level of comfort for the hairline at which point the process for the hairline causes very little pain, instead there are peculiar sensations of pressure due to the deposition of the plasma. I inject the platelet rich plasma into 1 the hairline at a sharp ~25-30 degree angle with a depth of about 2 mm and depositing about 2/100ths of a mL per injection with one injection per square centimeter.

I inject the platelet rich plasma into my facial areas of concern e.g., infraorbital area to treat dark circles, temporal fossa, high lateral cheek, medial cheek fat pad, nasolabial fold. The facial injections are noticeably more uncomfortable than the hairline for me, but tolerable. Again a sharp angle is used however I am depositing more volume with a range varying with facial area of 1-5\100ths of a mL per injection.

Finally, I massage any remaining platelet rich plasma along with all of the platelet poor plasma into my dermarolled face.

Results:

I am only on month 2 of my treatment but so far am quite encouraged so far. I have been getting unsolicited comments suggesting more rested and even skin, and although its too soon to tell for sure I think my hairline is trending in the right direction. I have been surprised how little of a DIY PRP community I have found online. I hope this might be helpful for someone.

Additional notes:

Keep in mind that any drugs or supplements that alter blood coagulation "blood thinner" or change platelet function e.g., aspirin, fish oil, etc will impact effectiveness and/or bleeding/bruising associated from prp treatment. *EDIT* Also anti-inflammatory drugs may also reduce the total effect of prp as along with growth factors cytokines are being released from the platelets. Assuming these cytokines have a causative role in the rejuvenation process, blocking the inflammatory process my hinder be counterproductive.

Some journal articles use platelet "activators" prior to injection such as calcium chloride, however their reasoning is not compelling nor grounded in evidence. Many researchers have robust results without added chemical activators such as UCLA's hair restoration clinic does not use chemical activators in their PRP and have excellent results. It appears likely to me that the expelling of plasma through a 30 gauge needle is quite enough mechanical force to lead to activation.

I welcome feedback from fellow forum members.

I was thinking this thread was dead and I would never get answered and then Sparkshine comes out of nowhere and saves the day!

Really appreciate your input, the process is a little intimidating but i am determined to get it done.

Now all we need is a nice youtube video of a DIY prp session :-)

I'd be happy to answer any questions you have based on my interpretation of the literature and my own experience. I couldn't bring myself to spend thousands of dollars per treatment once I realized how incredibly simple and cheap this process is to do myself. I've spent a total of less than $250 and that is for two face/hair treatments each for both my brother and I.
    A split the difference idea that might be worth considering if one wanted more reassurance is to have one professional PRP session all the while being an inquisitive patient at each step. Then if it seems within one's comfort zone self administrating the rest of the treatments.

Talking My 2 cents

Ok, just thought I'll put in my 2 cents. Links are just for references, I'm sure you can find something cheaper online or locally.

Drawing blood - I'm a phlebotomist. So this I know A LOT. get a butterfly needle, 21g or 23g. Either draw yourself or get someone to help you.
    http://www.plcofamerica.com/blog/201...erfly-needles/

Needle holders
    - http://www.plcofamerica.com/blog/201...erfly-needles/

Tourniquets to help your veins pop and easier to draw: https://www.amazon.com/Physician-Sup...ds=Tourniquets

Tube rack for when you need to keep your tubes upright to pipette the RPR. Also use it to store your unused PRP in freezer (read below): https://www.amazon.com/SEOH-TEST-TUB...ds=tube+holder

Pipettes to remove plasma from your tubes: https://www.amazon.com/Qingsun-Dispo...words=pipettes

Look thru YouTube on how to do a simple blood draw: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_w3-gtzvenk

Type of Tubes: Tubes with ACD solutions or simple EDTA works fine too. The trick is to not let the blood clot. Without ACD or EDTA you will only get serum in return and not plasma. That said, I still prefer ACD.

ACD: https://www.amazon.com/Solution-Tube...ords=acd+tubes

Sterile tubes
    - you need some sterile tubes to keep your PRP before you transfer to your syringes. Also you can use this to storage your unused PRP and keep them in the freezer. Plasma is usable for up to one year if store in freezer. So keep in mind to draw a little more blood each time. When ready to use the frozen PRP, just thaw them in room temperature. https://www.amazon.com/EarthOx-Steri...=sterile+tubes

Centrifuge: https://www.amazon.com/Tangkula-Elec...rds=centrifuge

Ok here are the steps:

1. Draw your blood in ACD tubes. maybe 6-8 tubes if you want. Can save the rest of the PRP in freezer.

2. First Spin - Spin your tubes in centrifuge. Pipette the plasma and buffy coat into sterile tubes. If you get a little red blood cells that's fine too, no big deal. Just try to be careful only get plasma and buffy coat. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buffy_...ion-scheme.png

3. Second spin - spin your sterile tubes in centrifuge AGAIN. This is to get more concentrated PRP. Ok, now you should see a tube full of yellow goodness and possible a few drops on blood at the bottom. The droplets of blood is from your pipette session if you accidentally sucked in a little red blood cell. like i've said, no big deal. Ok, now look at the tubes, the top 2/3 of it is PPP (Platelet Poor Plasma). Those are not what you want. You only want to keep the bottom 1/3 of the plasma, which is your PRP (platelet RICH plasma). You can research what you can use with the PPP, mostly we just discard it. But I don't know, maybe you can rub on your face? http://image.ec21.com/company/b/bs/b...pimg/01-03.jpg
    So at this point, you will want to pipette out top 2/3 of it and discard. Save the rest of it for your injection. Injecting your PRP with a little droplets of red blood cell is okay.

4. Injection - Use lidocaine numbing cream if you want. https://www.amazon.com/Lidocane-Plus...lidocaine+4%25. Follow package instructions.

Get yourself some 1-3ml syringes. Get the needles from here: https://beautygroup-shop.com/meso-re...-12mm-25mm-1pc. Why you asked? because these needles are 4mm deep. You want the PRP to be as near to your hair follicles as possible. Your hair follicles are about 4mm deep from your scalp. This 4mm needles will also prevent your injections to go too shallow or too deep. Some people like to add calcium to "open up" the platelets. You can do that too. But seriously, this step is optional.

5. Frequency? Well, once every two weeks sounds reasonable to start with. Then you can reduce to once every 4 weeks.

Good luck!