+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Been on fin for 8 months

Hi there just wondering I've been on fin for 8 months now I don't know if it's working, there has been no regrowth, I do not get sides. I was told you have to have watery semen which means that fin is working. Though I do not.

Though when I'm in the shower I only get a couple of hair strands on my hands than before which was considerably higher.

Is this a sign that fin is working?

So what are the signs that fin is working? Thanks

If your hairloss decreased then it's working.

Finasteride doesn't really work. If it did, none of us would be here. I think the main purpose of fin is a psychological crutch to ease you into the reality of balding. You think, "****, I'm going bald! Oh, but at least I can take this pill and stop it." Then you realize that it doesn't work, but by then you are so demoralized and fed up that you are ready to face your ****ed up bald fate. It's basically a placebo to ease you into balding.

Quote Originally Posted by hanginginthewire View Post
    Finasteride doesn't really work. If it did, none of us would be here. I think the main purpose of fin is a psychological crutch to ease you into the reality of balding. You think, "****, I'm going bald! Oh, but at least I can take this pill and stop it." Then you realize that it doesn't work, but by then you are so demoralized and fed up that you are ready to face your ****ed up bald fate. It's basically a placebo to ease you into balding.
    Lol...these are the type of posts that people with know knowledge who google these drugs trying to find info on it, use to convince themselves that it's not going to work and they are doomed and should use coconut oil to stop their hairloss. They say, oh look he posts on a hair loss forum, he must know so much and he is saying the drug doesn't work. It must be true.

Well reader, i'm here to tell you that this person's post above me is totally false and made up, with no substantial evidence. And the evidence that does exist shows that finasteride/propecia does work for hair loss.

There's a lot of bald and balding men around despite the fact that we have a pill that halts mpb....

Quote Originally Posted by hanginginthewire View Post
    You don't understand the most basic pathology of AGA or the mechanism of finasterisde. I really wish guys like you didn't post, it serves nothing more than to spread misinformation to an already insecure community. To the OP, I've been on Fin for 6+ years and i never regrew or lost. This is just the nature of the drug. Some do have regrowth, but most just see a cessation of hairlosss. Rest assured that you're taking an extremely effective hairloss medication and just live your life.

Lost of men go bald because Fin isn't very popular at all. It was basically a commercial failure and many people don't even know theres anything you can "do" about hairloss.

Something that halts hairloss indefinitely is a commercial failure? Why do you suppose that is?

Look I guess there's little harm in giving it a go (I think sides are very rare), but propecia is not a pill that you can take to freeze your hairloss, it just isn't. The OP is taking it and he's seeing his loss continue.

No a drug that doesn't sell well is a commercial failure. I guess you're refering to
    "Though when I'm in the shower I only get a couple of hair strands on my hands than before which was considerably higher."
    As your basis for fin not working for him. He only gets a couple more strands on his hands than before doesnt really tell anything. Its probably him just being hyper aware of his hairloss due to taking action against it. I never said it stopped hairloss indefinitely, but read the studies 90% of people taking it dont see any progression in hairloss after 5 years, and a similar percentage see the same effect after 10 years. Why do you suppose that is? When you understand the pathology of AGA then you will answer that question for yourself. Finasateride provides a tremendous benefit to hair. Want to completely stop hairloss? its called dutatasteride with a topical antiandrogen. What is your angle? Trying to dissuade people from taking the medication because it doesn't work up to your "standards"? I'm legitimately confused here.

I have provided quantifiable evidence as to why some people still lose hair on finasteride, but still it is overwhelmingly beneficial.

What I meant was if fin works as well as you believe, why would it be a commercial failure? People talk all the time about how much money someone will make when they finally cure baldness. I know you didn't claim fin was a cure, but again, for it to work as well as you indicate it seems incongruous that it would be a commercial failure. The reason its a commercial failure is because the drug itself fails on its purported claims.

I have no agenda. I was super excited and relieved to get on fin myself (since November) and much like the OP nothing has changed (loss is continuing). People all over the place report that it never worked, stopped working, etc. If it were black and white fin would be marketed to college students who begin to notice thinning or temple recession and could halt it. I'm not saying the drug doesn't work for some but it is not some magic pill that stops loss in its tracks. How I wish that were true.