+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Well there is a magic way to completely stop MPB from ever happening. It works 100 percent of the time, and is the only proven way to prevent MPB. Its called castration and lowers testosterone plus DHT a ton. No men continue to go bald and nothing else so far has ever shown to do that. If thats not powerful evidence for what causes MPB i dont know what else is.
    Propecia isnt perfect but it works well at slowing down or stopping it in most cases. It is not a perfect AA so in some men it might not be enough but to say it doesnt work is silly

Well, if you don't see the regrowth and have no side effects, it doesn't mean that fin doesn't work. It works, it stops hair loss. Watery semen is a side effect, but not the sign of effectiveness of the drug. If you don't experience side effects it is great.

Inactive

I think the core issue in the debate here is not understanding fully what Propecia claims to do/does. It is not a "miracle cure" nor does it completely "stop" hair loss, and when expected to otherwise, the user will be left feeling like the drug is a failure. What it does do is slow down the rate of hair loss quite considerably, so you buy yourself a lot more time than you otherwise would have. And while some guys do see regrowth while on Propecia, I consider that to be a happy bonus and not something to be expected.

The "commercial failure" of Propecia has nothing to do with its efficacy and more to do with misinformation that continues to get spread about the drug, specifically when it comes to the inflated reports of negative side effects.

Is it for everyone? No. Is it a miracle drug that's going to keep you from ever losing another hair a day in your life? No. But has it been a very useful and beneficial tool in the fight against hair loss for many, many men? Yes.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

i guess it doesnt always work

Quote Originally Posted by burtandernie View Post
    It works 100 percent of the time, and is the only proven way to prevent MPB. Its called castration and lowers testosterone plus DHT a ton. No men continue to go bald and nothing else so far has ever shown to do that.
    Is it a fact, and documented in medical journals? Does it regrow lost hairs as well? If it indeed cures MPB, then I guess castration is my last option if dut doesn't help.

Quote Originally Posted by pkipling View Post
    The "commercial failure" of Propecia has nothing to do with its efficacy and more to do with misinformation that continues to get spread about the drug,
    It is selling half a billion each year, I don't think it is considered as a "commercial failure".

Quote Originally Posted by BaldingHelpMe View Post
    Is it a fact, and documented in medical journals? Does it regrow lost hairs as well? If it indeed cures MPB, then I guess castration is my last option if dut doesn't help.
    Im not sure on how much research there is in it. I think hamilton was the originator of some of the research on eunuchs. It prevents MPB, but even castration does not regrow hair. Once your bald its a whole different ball game which is why prevention is such a huge deal. The people he studied were 8 to 18 years old before MPB ever showed up and castration prevented it. Once MPB starts other processes take over, and regrowing hair as we all know is impossible today short of a little peach fuzz like minox.

Quote Originally Posted by hanginginthewire View Post
    Finasteride doesn't really work. If it did, none of us would be here. I think the main purpose of fin is a psychological crutch to ease you into the reality of balding. You think, "****, I'm going bald! Oh, but at least I can take this pill and stop it." Then you realize that it doesn't work, but by then you are so demoralized and fed up that you are ready to face your ****ed up bald fate. It's basically a placebo to ease you into balding.
    hahaha.... I love this. It's probably true.

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by BaldingHelpMe View Post
    It is selling half a billion each year, I don't think it is considered as a "commercial failure".
    That was more in response to a couple comments on the previous page, hence the quotation marks. However, I do think it would probably sell even better if it weren't for the misinformation floating around about in online circles.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Quote Originally Posted by dm90 View Post
    I never said it stopped hairloss indefinitely, but read the studies 90% of people taking it dont see any progression in hairloss after 5 years, and a similar percentage see the same effect after 10 years.
    I'm sorry to intervene but after 4 months 1/2 of Propecia which has slow down my diffuse hairloss, I am on Minoxidil Day 2 (1/day) and I am already tired of it (yes it's fast).
    If propecia stops the fall for 10 years for me, is the minoxidil so important?
    In addition, as minox loses its effectiveness over time, if propecia is still working, is it a mistake to start now minoxidil without waiting 9 months / 1 year to see what propecia could do on its own.
    It's so confusing, I feel that nobody realy knows.