Threaded View

The sad truth is that there are only so many options. I have been doing this since 1984. Every option is not what we truly want. I want a full head of hair but had to settle for the transplant route. They can help a great deal. For me though I do not know other repair victims such as myself. I have no one to compare myself to- well there are a couple on the forums on various sites and so far only so-so as far as results go. I do know I have been greatly improved but still will undergo more surgery because I look like I still need more hair. I too will fight this thing till the end. I am not sure though I can ever get what I truly want but will give it my all. I could never accept this. It is natural and so is body odor. I want neither. It is sad though that it has consumed 26 years but even if it were 1984 again and I had this, I would have felt the same and tried everything. It is not my fault that there were so many corrupt doctors in this field. There are still many today too. My only other option was the hairpiece and it sometime looked good. But it is too time consuming, does not feel natural and I was always paranoid about it. Also was the fact that I was always losing hair around the edge and it looked bad after 2-3 weeks. Not a good solution as far as I was concerned. I have been to alopecia support meetings and came out very depressed. I met a guy who was 14 and was totally devastated. His mom said he never wanted to go out or do anything. I met a girl who said she was not going to have children because she was bald. There are many others who realize the impact of this issue and have extensive knowledge in dealing with it. Everyday now that I am older I say no kids as I said 25 years ago. It is sad but right is right and wrong is wrong. Even my mom agreed before she died and she was 74- so many years of living & experience. A sad issue indeed that I hope one day gets the cure it needs.