+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Well said. The only available cure for baldness is the same as HIV. Don't spread it around.

I would like to expand on this too. When you go bald, you earn the right to be selfish. It's yin and yan. You've had a crap break, so you're entitled to be number one.

Do you really want to commit your whole life to children, especially if they go bald and blame you for it later anyway?

I think that this thread is a feeling that every person who has experienced hair loss goes through. People must repect everyones opinion. One cannot change my feelings as I cannot change theirs. It is best to do what is right for yourself-That is my whole point in this blog. I just know I have had something taken from me and have never ever felt the same since. That is why I would not pass this on to anyone else- Sort of the "Do unto others as you would want done to you"-- Without getting too religious.

If bald people like us spread our genes, then baldness will become increasingly common. It'll mostly be spread further by daughters of people with our condition (carriers if you like) marrying into families without the baldness gene. Some bald men will spread the gene too but let's be honest, most women of child rearing age hate baldness. Baldness has increased generation by generation because of the spread of genes - it's got nothing to do with environment. Also, it seems to be a gene that hits each generation younger. I expect any kids I have to be balding by 15 or 16 - that is way too young.

this is the dumbest thread i have read in a long time. but im glad u two have no self esteem and can pat each other on the back.

Quote Originally Posted by hdude46 View Post
    this is the dumbest thread i have read in a long time. but im glad u two have no self esteem and can pat each other on the back.
    lol it's very sad to see their lives revolve around having or not having hair....this long after they first started losing it.

Yes I am more honest than most people you two can go on telling yourselves how great it is to be bald and lie and lie to yourselves. Now go look in the mirror and fall in love with that image. Honesty in life is a true virtue. Bald is great and that is why it is a multi million dollar industry trying to cure it . You are laughable. I am honest.

There is an element of truth in that we do need to get on with our lives. People with far greater afflictions do, which would make us pathetic if we did not. However, that doesn't mean we should create another generation that has to 'make do' at the bottom of the pile.

Nor should we have to pretend we enjoy life. Over the past few years, since losing some of my hair, I've got a good job and a lot of professional qualifications. I have a stable relationship and I'm financially secure. However, I get no pleasure or satisfaction from any of it, because it wasn't the life I wanted. The life path I wanted to follow is restricted to people with good hair. Let's just say I did two things at school and university; acting and politics.

The fact is no matter what I do, however much I succeed, I'll get no pleasure from it because I'm only allowed to fulfil someone else's dream, not my own which is restricted to the hirsute. Why did I start taking dutasteride again a month ago, some 2 years after thinking I'd finally accepted my hair loss? Simple; I passed some more professional qualifications and got zero satisfaction from doing so. The pass rates of these exams are so low others dance in fountains when they pass; I couldn't give a damn.

Hair loss took the edge off life. It's okay, not great, just average. It made me average and it ruined my ambitions, that's why I'll never pass the gene on.

By all means go off and shave your head, pump iron, eat healthily. The rest of your life has been ruined, you might as well sacrifice your recreational time to your hair loss too if that's your thing. But don't try and convince yourself you look good. At best you look average; in all likelihood, you look old and ill. And if that's not enough, all the bald men I know who grow to 'accept' it are the sort of people who lacked ambition in the first place.

Fixed by 35,

Your logic is completely flawed. I am 20 years old and my hair is starting to get thinner.

I am very sure that I can both prevent and improve my hair. There are good options available today. If you take propecia, use rogaine and the lasercomb and so forth I am very sure some results will happen. To me these options will suffice. I am also willing to get a hair transplant. All of these options are enough.

I am 100% sure that in the future there will be extremely good solutions to these problems. I am talking in OUR lifetime something WILL happen that makes it much, much easier to keep all your hair, not even talking about your kids.

Don't be so negative. Things can be done about this.

I agree, pumping iron and trying to solve it that way and shaving your head thats bullshit I agree. That is totally retarded and NOT THE PERSON I WANT TO BE. I just want my damn hair back to what it was when I was 16-17. I will do whatever it takes.

I believe that if you start early, there is a lot of hope. So that is why I will try everything, if everything does a little, together it will be sufficient. Will be really expensive though, but whatever it's definitely worth it.

I used to think like you when I was 20 but I'm afraid the prognosis is not as good as you would like.

1) Drugs don't stop hair loss, they slow it down. They're worth taking for that reason, but you'll still be balder year on year.

2) Rogaine is pretty much useless and doesn't regrow the hair line.

3) Hair cloning and other techniques currently in production were as near to completion about 20 years ago as they are now. The longer you lose you hair, the more you'll get used to the 'cure' cycle. For example, when I started losing my hair in 2003, hair multiplication was 'up to' five years away. It is now, ahem, five years away. It's just a ruse to gain funding.

4) The deadline for a solution to make you happy is shorter than you seem to think. For example, irrespective of whether they develop a new cure tomorrow, I still lost my youth. If they develop it in the next 5 years, I've still lost the rest of my 20s. If they develop it in 10 years, I'll be middle aged by then and half my friends will be bald and it will be much less important.

I'll still take the cure when it's available, but it's getting to the point now that all of the best years of my life will have been spent looking like a freak. People will obviously say just get over it and stop wasting your life, but they're the ones who have gotten it wrong. When you've already dedicated yourself to fight the curse, it's very hard to just give up. To both lose your youth and now give up and become resigned to a look that makes you want to vomit every time you look in the mirror is just too big an ask.

eh, I hope the stuff works better for me....

Why have you not gotten a hair transplant? Those are really good. The results are amazing. So propecia + hair transplant would be a cure, would it not?