Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HelloVera
    • Oct 2015

Future treatments....

Just want to get a rough idea for future treatments (not too far) for Scarring Alopicia, DUPA etc? I've heard about the big ones but in the dark if they could treat such things as scarring alopica and give hope of regrowth. Since i was put on Thyroid medication i've ended up with increasing number of bald spots and aggressive DUPA. This time last year wasn't too bad i had minor DUPA and decreased temple coverage. I tried growing it long for months which wasn't bad and my GF liked it but with increased shedding decided to shave it to a number 3. She Hates it and it's obvious my hair's got worse. The Irony now is i'm getting temple regrowth and nape regrowth while all the rest is scarring up.
  • kuba197
    • Jan 2016

What do you mean by 'not too far'? Months? Years? In ten years there will be hair multiplication (probably by Tsuji's technology)

Comment

• PatientlyWaiting
      • Jan 2011

Originally posted by kuba197
      What do you mean by 'not too far'? Months? Years? In ten years there will be hair multiplication (probably by Tsuji's technology)
      No you mean in 10 years, hair multiplication will be 10 years away

Comment

• kuba197
        • Jan 2016

Originally posted by PatientlyWaiting
        yep

Comment

• HelloVera
          • Oct 2015

Originally posted by kuba197
          Months is way too soon for creating follicles over scar tissue, which i meant.

Not too far away as in any treatment in one of the phases, which hopefully take closer to 4/7 years rather then double digit years. Hear about stuff like Histogen creating follicles over scar tissues but mostly speculation or Wounding with growth factors but scarring alopica once the skalp has turned into skin over a big area? thats what i'm thinking of. On the subject of Histogen i did read a piece that they use the same kind of thing that is used in the cream from Turkey...which is foreskin.

Comment

• HelloVera
            • Oct 2015

Originally posted by PatientlyWaiting
            The way my nape and temples are at the moment a transplant wouldn't be an option but as i've put previous i am having growth at my temples which is reaching low and some on my nape...so if a treatment every came out needing existing follicles to multiply that would be better then nothing

Comment

Working...