+ Reply to Thread

Default stopping propecia to regrow hairline

hi guys , ive been on propecia for 19 month now for a receding hairline , with clearly no results, and maybe a worsening of the hairline.

i am really lost and depressed , i've added minoxidil 3 month ago and i can see some vellu hair which appears , and i would like to know if i have to drop propecia . Maybe it is ruining my hairline , or maybe it is my normal hairloss rate ?

the strange fact is that ive got a twin brother who is nw 0 ( he is alos on propecia), , and me i'm almost nw 2,5 ; Maybe its the fact of being stressed al day about hair loss ? plz can you help me if you've got some answers .

bump

Quote Originally Posted by michel sapin View Post
    hi guys , ive been on propecia for 19 month now for a receding hairline , with clearly no results, and maybe a worsening of the hairline.

i am really lost and depressed , i've added minoxidil 3 month ago and i can see some vellu hair which appears , and i would like to know if i have to drop propecia . Maybe it is ruining my hairline , or maybe it is my normal hairloss rate ?

the strange fact is that ive got a twin brother who is nw 0 ( he is alos on propecia), , and me i'm almost nw 2,5 ; Maybe its the fact of being stressed al day about hair loss ? plz can you help me if you've got some answers .
    One thing is for sure stress won't help! Its highly unlikely after 19 months propecia is causing your hairloss. Most likely it hasn't been effective for you, surprising if it has been for your twin brother? The loss is most likely a continuation of your hair loss. How is your hairloss up top. Minoxidil almost never grows anything but small worthless hairs on the hairline. Its more effective up top on the hair that is more resistant to DHT. If you are thinning on top as well you might want to consider stopping propecia if its not helping you don't want to take it as there can be complications for some people and its not worth the risk if its not working. Seems to me from reading these forums and personal experience that propecia doesn't work as well on really young men, perhaps its that they have a much higher level of DHT I don't know just speculating.

my top is perfect , and ive done blood test, my dht is really low , just my test whcih has increased . However minox is regrowing a lot of vellu hair on my hairline but i know that in the long run i wouldnt maintain , so i don't know what to do