• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • minoxiDjunkie
    • Jan 2014

adding low dose spiro as of tomorrow

so,
    ive decided that im going to do it.
    im gonna start with 25mg once a day, and see how that goes for at least a month.
    if im feeling good and get no serious side effects than after 1-2 months im going for 25mg twice a day. ill see how that goes for AT LEAST another 2 months.
    than if that goes ok, im going for 25mg x 3 times a day for another month or so,
    and only than - if everything goes well ofcourse - im going to go for 50mg twice a day / or / 25mg x 4 times a day (because of short half life).

regardless - in going to get some tamoxifen, just in case, as a first aid for if i'd get the beginning of gyno.

in any case im not going to go above a total of 100mg a day.

than if that either - give me severe side effects, or wont do anything good for my hair (after about 2 months on the full dose of 100mg) im going to stop taking it, and consider using it topically.

my regimen also includes -
    * 1mg oral fin
    * 0.5mg oral dut
    * tretinoin gel (absorbed well like water and not like a lotion that leaves a residue) which i put after shower at night, followed by this TOPICAL mixture (at least half hour later):
    * 15% minox // 0.1% (1mg) fin // 0.05% (0.5mg) dut // 10% DMI
    * this followed by application of natural progesterone cream on the head and, well - on the balls
    * DAILY nizoral shampoo (although i really dont think it really does anything at all)
    * i also take some vitamins, minerals & supplements
    * last but not least im now beginnig to take 250mg a day of aspirin for a better blood circulation

so
    this is it
    i hope any experienced spiro users would chime in and share their experience and piece of mind.
  • minoxiDjunkie
    • Jan 2014

ok there's some change of plans -
    i thought i could cut the 100mg pills i have to 4 (thus getting 25mg piece x 4) but they break into tiny bits...
    so im gonna have to wait until i'd get the 25mg pills (gonna order them soon)...

Comment

• jamesst11
      • Jun 2014

Jesus man, if you don't get regrowth then we are ALL doomed. Do you have any pics of your current state?

Comment

• Foreverlacey
        • Apr 2016

I used Spironolactone for other reasons, it's very very weak for what you want to use it for. I felt like crap the entire time I was on it. If you really want to keep your hair, skip the Spironolactone and use Cyproterone Acetate .

Comment

• minoxiDjunkie
          • Jan 2014

Originally posted by Foreverlacey
          I used Spironolactone for other reasons, it's very very weak for what you want to use it for. I felt like crap the entire time I was on it. If you really want to keep your hair, skip the Spironolactone and use Cyproterone Acetate .
          the latter is going to feminize me, is it not ?
          chemical castration, gyno for sure, ball shrinking .. thats what i read ..

on the contarary - ive read some good stuff about spiro, and seen some impressive results.
          especialy on high doses though (200mg a day and above).
          than again, it takes time as with every treatment,
          how long have you been on it ?
          and why if you dont mind me asking, and on what dose ?

Comment

• minoxiDjunkie
            • Jan 2014

Originally posted by jamesst11
            Jesus man, if you don't get regrowth then we are ALL doomed. Do you have any pics of your current state?
            i do but im not going to post them online, i dont even have a facebook page..
            sorry, im just being descrete.

ill tell you what though -
            im at about nw3 - now my hairline is a complete triangiular shape, and lately i began to get diffused top.. really thinned... i have a long hair on top so i kinda manage to hide it but it is noticable for me in the mirror etc...
            and ill tell you something else -
            if in a year or two ill start to see some results (and im talking full top, and better hairline) than i'd probably post pics to encourage people.
            but as of now when theres nothing yet to report im not going to.

Comment

• Foreverlacey
              • Apr 2016

I was actually kidding about the Cyproterone hence the wink. I was taking Spiro for anti androgen therapy, 200mg daily.

Comment

• k9gatton
                • Oct 2016

Originally posted by minoxiDjunkie
                ok there's some change of plans -
                i thought i could cut the 100mg pills i have to 4 (thus getting 25mg piece x 4) but they break into tiny bits...
                so im gonna have to wait until i'd get the 25mg pills (gonna order them soon)...
                Hey, I'm the Minoxidil Junkie.. Like your userid. From one addict to another!

Comment

Working...