+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default 15%/5% Minoxidil/Azelaic Acid Solution

Hey everyone,

I am looking to start a high concentrated minox/a.a. regimen to my routine but, to my knowledge, there were no such products available in the U.S. since ******* was removed from the market and lipogaine removed azelaic acid from its formula. There are tons of threads where people discuss making their own minox/a.a. solutions and yet, today, I was doing some net surfing and I found a Canadian company that apparently sells a 15%/5% minox./a.a. solution. I, of course, want to buy but it just seems fishy that there are so many threads where people talk about how much it sucked that lipogaine removed a.a. and how they're trying to make their own solution when there is a company that sells it. So I want to look into the credibility of this company- Minoxidil laboratory (link below). I also found a few other company sites where they allegedly sell similar products (minoxidil max, perfect image solutions). Can anyone validate the legitimacy of minoxidil laboratory or the others? Additionally, has anyone experimented and had success with 15% minoxidil? Thanks y'all.

minoxidil lab: http://www.minoxidillaboratory.com/

Are you sure lipogaine removed azelaic acid? They have this weird ingredient named azetinol which might be an undercover name for them to still use azelaic acid? I would ask them. Maybe the FDA won't let them claim azelaic acid is used?

If you're inclined to use azelaic acid, you can buy a cream that can be applied directly to scalp.

I'm also looking to up the concentration. I'm getting good results with kirklands minox and lipogaine interchangeably, and of course the rest of the big 3, 1.25mg fin and nizoral 2%. I like the results I see in just 2 months on big 3, but I want to add something because I think I can get even better results. I want to still use 5% minoxidil in the day, and I want to use 15% minox/5% azelaic acid at night. This thread reminded me to look into this.

I found this seller from Missouri on ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LOT-of-3-Pre...-/161294744055

He has practically a perfect feedback score and has sold a little over 1500 of those, and he/she sells a lot of 3 for $65, they are 60 fl oz, doesn't that sound too cheap? If I buy this it will be a 12 month supply so I can really see what it does for me in a whole year. But before I go all in i'd like to know if this thing is legit. I mean his score says he is legit but how can you know you're really getting 15%?

So wait, that's not even 15% minoxidil is it? It's 15% azelaic acid and 5% minoxidil. No wonder it's so cheap.

Thanks for the above info. guys!

John,

As far as azetinol goes, I think you may be right. I don't know if you follow Chris from hairlossfromsteroids/gll.com but his info. is usually on point and he has several YouTube videos indicating that lipogaine had removed azelaic acid. However those videos are dated so lipogaine may have added azetinol since they were posted. My research about azetinol seems to echo your post and it's likely that the name was changed for FDA purposes. Having said that, has anyone experienced any success with azelaic acid? The reviews are so mixed.

Patiently waiting,

I've been watching those sellers on eBay as well. Also, if you look at some of the products there is "iisolutions" which contains 15% minox and 5% azelaic acid. Like you, I'm inclined to give some of those products a shot because the sellers have excellent ratings. I've never used minoxidil before for fear of the initial shed and for fear of it eventually losing its effectiveness. However, I've read that Dualgen-15 (not sold in the US) is about the best you can do without propecia and it contains 15% minox and 5% azelaic acid. So I'm trying to find a similar product......only problem is how the hell do I know if the products contain the components they allege?

current regimen: 100mg RU nightly, I-grow laser, azelaic acid cream (not sure if this does anything), regenepure DR

Quote Originally Posted by dlc32 View Post

John,

As far as azetinol goes, I think you may be right. I don't know if you follow Chris from hairlossfromsteroids/gll.com but his info. is usually on point and he has several YouTube videos indicating that lipogaine had removed azelaic acid. However those videos are dated so lipogaine may have added azetinol since they were posted. My research about azetinol seems to echo your post and it's likely that the name was changed for FDA purposes. Having said that, has anyone experienced any success with azelaic acid? The reviews are so mixed.

Patiently waiting,

I've been watching those sellers on eBay as well. Also, if you look at some of the products there is "iisolutions" which contains 15% minox and 5% azelaic acid. Like you, I'm inclined to give some of those products a shot because the sellers have excellent ratings. I've never used minoxidil before for fear of the initial shed and for fear of it eventually losing its effectiveness. However, I've read that Dualgen-15 (not sold in the US) is about the best you can do without propecia and it contains 15% minox and 5% azelaic acid. So I'm trying to find a similar product......only problem is how the hell do I know if the products contain the components they allege?

current regimen: 100mg RU nightly, I-grow laser, azelaic acid cream (not sure if this does anything), regenepure DR
    Looks like Polaris research is selling on Ebay. They have %15 minoxidil and also have minoxidil sulfate solutions as well as a solution with propecia anyone heard of this company?

I saw the Polaris one too, but skipped mentioning it since it says only 3 available.

Quote Originally Posted by dlc32 View Post

John,

Patiently waiting,

I don't see any 15% minoxidil there, can you link me? They're all strangely worded "Azelaic acid and minoxidil (15%+5%)". I know that from this you have to be smart enough to know that he means it respectively azelaic acid 15% and minoxidil 5%, but it kinda looks like he's tryna play a bit of tricks there to be honest. Why not just title it 15% Azelaic acid and 5% minoxidil? It takes up the same amount of characters. My suspicion that he's trying to play around with the title becomes stronger due to the description of the item at the bottom also failing to mention in detail the concentration of the ingredients. Or am I just being paranoid and nothing is wrong or dishonest about this?

If murray apothecary is still compounding minoxidil get it from them through medicalwellness center. Its expensive for the consultation+product but you can be sure that you're actually getting a higher concentration of minoxidil. Also I'd think about adding hydrocortisone to it.

So as far as the Polaris goes, I don't think there's only 3. To paraphrase something I read the other day, these eBay "resellers" are actually the company itself selling its products that are not FDA approved in the U.S. I don't know if this is true or not, but from what I know of the hair loss industry thus far I would not be surprised. I don't want to spread my personal theories about big pharma but an effective topical would certainly be preferable to something systemic like finasteride so (a) I can postulate as to why they would be denied FDA approval (b) I can see why they would still try to sell their products under the guise of "resellers" on eBay.

As far as 15% minox and 5% azelaic acid, I don't see that one up anymore. Polaris may be the best bet. The old reviews of it seem to be positive

Quote Originally Posted by dm90 View Post
    If murray apothecary is still compounding minoxidil get it from them through medicalwellness center. Its expensive for the consultation+product but you can be sure that you're actually getting a higher concentration of minoxidil. Also I'd think about adding hydrocortisone to it.
    Jesus Christ 30% minoxidil lol (medical wellness center). Has there been studies that such high concentration is better than 15%, or better yet is there any evidence that 15% is better than 5%, etc? I would buy the 30% if such a concentration would actually make a difference.