X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bveej
    • May 2016

What do you guys think?

Hi Guys,

I am shedding hair constantly for about 10 months now. It started acute in July 2015, never experienced any hairloss what so ever before so i freaked out a little bit. The shedding was pretty much the same for 5 months resulting in losing approximately 100-200 hairs a day but since i had a big bush of hair it was not really noticeable for those months (except for myself offcourse). After 6 months the shedding reduced to losing approximately 25-50 hairs so i had the hope it would stop soon, but guess what? It didnt and the shedding has worsened the last month resulting in losing 100-150 hairs a day again and my hair is looking thinner and thinner.

I went to my doctor (after 5 months) and she suspected telogen effluvium because my hairloss was diffuse, acute and i showed no receding hairline or bald spots. Now after 10 months i see a little recession of my frontal hairline and bangs, no bald spots and i have quite some regrowth, but i have the feeling it is falling out as well, the regrowth at my frontal hairline looks pretty decent but i cant tell if its the same in my hairline and crown. The most hairs i shed are long and have the telogen bulb, but the last weeks i notice more short hairs (4-6 centimeters) that fall out, they dont look like vellus hairs so i really dont know what is happening right now.

What do you guys think, is this a case of chronic telogen effluvium or does it look like it has morphed into the evil MPB? I have added some pictures that might help!

Thanks for looking at this topic and i hope to hear something from you guys,

B
    Attached Files
  • newinhairtransplant5
    • Oct 2014

Your crown looks perfect in these pictures there is nothing looking like evil but if you need consultation about this you can visit us.

Comment

• bveej
      • May 2016

Thanks for your reply, more opinions please still worried as f*ck.. do i need to get on some treatment?

Comment

• bveej
        • May 2016

Originally posted by Rashid Rashid, MD, PhD
        Looks fine for now. If you have a strong MPB family history you may want to consider pre-emptive minoxidil or talking to a doctor in person about monitoring. .
        Thank you very much for answering, my maternal side has no mpb history, grandfather still has hair at the age of 85. Father has receding hairline and a crown with less density at the age of 55, but he still has quite some hair grandfather on that side of my family was balding.

I just dont know if i am experiencing chronic telogen effluvium or mpb.. the shedding and pattern still look like CTE.. but the thinning crown makes me guess if mpb is waiting around the corner..

Comment

Working...