+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hairline

Default Hairline

Hello, so im a 15 year old male and i have noticed my hairline isn't like many others especially for my age. Currently im not very bothered as my hairstyle works quite well with it however im wondering is it balding? or maybe just my natural hairline? My father has a hairline which is just like a M shape at around 45 if that helps. Im really just wondering is this mbp or just my hairline, i do however realise i do not get a substantial amount of vitamin D which i know can somewhat link but i do not think this is the reason. Lastly the product i use in my hair could maybe be a factor as i use quite alot (hairspray) and can cause a few hairs to break daily. However these are a few pictures and could someone please enlighten me
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0213.jpg

Size:	93.9 KB
ID:	46378   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0214.jpg

Size:	93.1 KB
ID:	46379   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0215.jpg

Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	46380   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0216.jpg

Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	46381  

Do you have any photos of your hairline when you were younger? Conventional knowledge dictates that there is some recession based on your age, 15 is young for that hairline. That being said, it could be your natural hairline, personally i was born with a nw 2 and mine looked similar to yours at 15, i'm 26 now and didnt get on finasteride till i was 20 and there was no significant recession in the five years before i started. Mine still looks like yours and that is 11 years after the fact. Theres nothing you can do about it right now, while I believe fin is safe 15 is way to young, you will continue to develop over the next few years and DHT is very important during this time. Also a doctor wont even prescribe the medication unless youre 18. So in short dont sweat it, I remember some guys back in highschool that had nw 3 at 15 and that was rough for them. If its your natural hairline wonderful, if it is hairloss evaluate yourself at 18 and decide if treatment is right for you. If you have any questions pm me, if it would help you have some piece of mind I can show you where I was at 15 and where I am now. The important thing here is to get off of this sight and enjoy these years, worry about hairloss now is just going to ruin whats suppose to be the most carefree time in your life.

unfortunately, i dont have any pictures that show my hairline in my younger years, dont worry im not too bothered about the hairline, its more just curiosity getting the better of me. although, i have dug up the attached picture of when i must of been around 8 or so and the hairline is basically the same to my eye, im not too sure though. So is it possible it is just the case that my hairline is that shape naturally? and lastly im not quite sure but i think the hairspray i use is a problem as at the first few mm of my hairline there are a bunch of broken hairs which i think the hairspray does, my mum is the owner of a hair dressing salon and i asked her and she said she isn't sure about the hairline but the hairs at the front are alot breakage. Just so you know im a fully healthy, athletic etc around 6ft 70kg. sorry to keep this dragging but do you think a lack of vitamin d could be a factor? if so ill make an effort to get an hours sunlight or so per day. Thanks

Name:	06badd81d62abcc86ae891652508f564.jpg

Size:	4.2 KB
ID:	46382  

"So is it possible it is just the case that my hairline is that shape naturally?"

Yes it is possible.

hairspray will not cause hairloss, unless your are agressively brushing your hair to the point it rips out, This is called mechanical hairloss or traction alopecia

A vitamin deficiency would not lead to the kind of hairloss youre worried about, so i'm my unprofessional opinion, again not a doctor here, I would say no I dont think its a factor.

yes, i understand what you mean it wont cause hair loss however what i use is very strong and sort of stops the hair being flexible and makes it stiff, when i wash this out i tends to cause breakage and stuff not hair loss from the root though ;d
    what would your unprofessional opinion say? ill probably just have mbp as i age on? if so in what time frame? if it helps i can get a picture of my brothers and cousins/family in a row to judge their hairlines?

Name:	08064673a8d318e20861ca271e2566a4.jpg

Size:	6.5 KB
ID:	46383  

Exactly, stay away from anything that causes tension for your hair, this includes manbuns, extreme tension can cause graduate traction alopecia. My unprofessional opinion is that most men will experience hairloss as they age, its impossible to say how quickly or to what extent, however family history can help with prediction to some degree. As for the picture of your cousins/brothers none of them look like they have hairloss. Its hard to tell with the older gentleman because his hair is white. Based on that photo you posted of yourself at 8, I'd say youre fine, clearly you were born with that hairline. I would say not to concern yourself with it, but I was obsessing over my hairline when I turned 18, but objectively I dont see any significant difference between now and when you were young.

Okay, thank you very much. you have been very helpful