+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Relax, minoxidil isn't aging you.

The Murrad, Pinell study was an Invitro study. Well as any scientist will tell you, outcomes can change completely when an Invivo study is conducted. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/arti...MC3985251/#B27 Study done on applying topical 2 and 5% minoxidil on burn patients. Heres a snipit "

"In contrast to its stimulatory effects on epithelial cells, minoxidil has been shown to have a variety of inhibitory effects on fibroblasts in-vitro."

"Despite use of high minoxidil doses and the least irritating formulations, inhibitory effects were not demonstrated."

The only thing you have to fear about minoxidil is that it might not work for you

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Good thread posting about minoxidil Dm90.
    I started using minoxidil back in November of 2015, last year.
    Its been 5 months now that I have been using it twice a day, every day.
    I have NOT experienced any bad-sides from it and actually, I started to see a positive difference
    to my hairline after approx 3+ months into it.
    Today of course, I am also seeing more of a very GOOD positive change to my hairline due to
    Dr. Wesley's very good FUE transplants!! Hair transplantation growth takes a long time to finish but minoxidil very much HELPED as well!!!
    It was in November of 2015 last year that I became Dr. Wesley's second patient of his 3rd Pilofocus Phase Testings (its still on going with quite a few more PT patients)
    Dr. Wesley is the doctor that started me on minoxidil as well.
    He is such a very good and sincere man!!

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Why in the world would you go on an attack and insult here Herbaliser?

I shared with Dm90 my own experience in using minoxidil.
    I've only been on it since Nov. 2015 and to this day I have NOT felt or had any bad-sides from its usage.
    In fact, it's helping to improve my hairline and its ongoing!

Where do I even begin with you? I've read your posts and was hoping I wouldn't have to address you personally, because frankly I think you're a moronic wack job. Anyway, here it goes. Firstly I am making my own conclusions through the clinical studies I have looked over. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2826267 Here is the famous Murrad Pinell study that first discovered minoxidils inhibitory effect on the lysyl hydroxylase enzyme. One thing that stood out to me was that the minoxidil solution was applied directly to skin fibroblasts invitro. Well you see I have done graduate research in biochemistry, specifically in pharmacology, and so I already knew that invitro doesnt always, and infact rarely does, directly translate to invivo studies. I dont use minoxidil but the one thing that I cant stand is baseless fearmongering, pseudoscience, and conspiracy theorists. Ironically you fit into all three of those categories. Anyway I knew that the promise of the murrad study was that minoxidil could be used as an antifibrotic agent so I went to the good old ncbi.gov and searched for studies to see if the invivo results supported the invitro ones. Well they didnt, http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24734077, http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15908192, http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9326711. All three of these studies concluded that minoxidil does collagen tensile strength and concentration when applied topically invivo. Minoxidil failed as antifibrotic because it just doesnt inhibit collagen invivo. I went back to my trusty ncbi site and searched for minoxidils effect on various systems. Well it turns out topical minoxidil is actually REALLY SAFE?! WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT IT?! The two systems effected the most by the compound are the integumentary system, specifically the epithelial and connective tissue, and the cardiac system. Well topical minoxidil increases cardiac output by 1-3 bpm, i shuoldnt have to tell you thats not very much. As far as the epithelial tissue, well as ive said minoxidil doesnt actually decrease collagen latice tensile strength, so no thats not an issue either. Well what about acromegally? Acromegally was observed in an individual taking 50mg of minoxidil orally over a ten year period. This is five times the standard dose of minoxidil. Well topical minoxidil at 5% concentration is 50mg/1ml. However minxoidil has a very poor absorption rate and at best only 75% will permeate the epithelial tissue. Well that leaves at a maximum of 37.5mg. Next take into account that only 0.1-3% of minoxidil goes systemic. That leaves a little of 1mg of minoxidil circulating through your blood. There are so many more things I could explain to you but i just dont feel like it. Everything I've stated can be supported with studies. Youre the one who needs to actually research the ludicrous statements you make instead of just "googling" it.

Quote Originally Posted by Artista View Post
    Why in the world would you go on an attack and insult here Herbaliser?

I shared with Dm90 my own experience in using minoxidil.
    I've only been on it since Nov. 2015 and to this day I have NOT felt or had any bad-sides from its usage.
    In fact, it's helping to improve my hairline and its ongoing!
    I think he just likes to go on rants, if he has read any of my posts he would know I support my statements with studies and facts and I leave the reader to decide the safety for themselves. And I'm glad you were the first one to respond BexuSe that's why I made this post, to discredit a popular belief that would prevent someone from trying a medication that could improve their situation.

I use minoxidil and I have had pretty good results, I recommend it, but use it at normal dose. With that said, minoxidil did age my skin when I was overdosing. The aging of the skin reversed when I lowered the dosage I was putting on my head. But it was obvious with flash, to normal eye it wasn't. It was giving me "senile spots" on my head where I was applying iy and I was only 22 years old.

What I always say is, just like finasteride gives some people sexual side effects but it may not give you side effects, just be grateful you don't get the side effects other people get. I use finasteride and never had sexual side effects, but I would never sit here and call those who do crazy or that they are making it up. Our bodies react differently to different drugs. I don't understand why people who don't experience side effects of something just can't be grateful and move on,and stop calling those who do "crazy" people.

Flash will bring out blemishes in pretty much everyone, also I don't doubt you experience eye darkening, you didn't explicitly say it, but that's a common report among users. This is possible. Minoxidil does cause angiogenesis, which definitely can cause raccoon eyes. But the studies I have posted do not agree with the held belief that minoxidil ages the skin. And this isn't self reported sides, I absolutely believe fin sides are real I mean common sense dictates it. However three separate studies have shown minoxidil
    Does not affect collagen in vitro and I'm Inclined to follow the science. I don't mean any offense but this, there's just a lot of anxiety surrounding these treatments and I'm just trying to find the Truth in it for everyone's sake .

https://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/...threadid=85379

It goes to a certain amazement point, and therefore i use the word morons.
    Some of you do live in a strange safety bubble, and need a wake up call, since itīs still drugs we are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by dm90 View Post
    Flash will bring out blemishes in pretty much everyone, also I don't doubt you experience eye darkening, you didn't explicitly say it, but that's a common report among users. This is possible. Minoxidil does cause angiogenesis, which definitely can cause raccoon eyes. But the studies I have posted do not agree with the held belief that minoxidil ages the skin. And this isn't self reported sides, I absolutely believe fin sides are real I mean common sense dictates it. However three separate studies have shown minoxidil
    Does not affect collagen in vitro and I'm Inclined to follow the science. I don't mean any offense but this, there's just a lot of anxiety surrounding these treatments and I'm just trying to find the Truth in it for everyone's sake .
    Yeah, darkening under the eyes happened to me also when I overdosed, but I didn't notice it, instead friends and family pointed it out, then I noticed it. But the blemishes you speak of, that appear with flash, these weren't appearing before minoxidil, or after I lowered the dose. It happened in the several months I was overdosing, then it went back to normal, they faded away when I lowered the dose. Some people are susceptible to these side effects, others are not. Unfortunately I am. I have seen people getting accused of "following the crowed", the thing is that most people, me included, notice these side effects and then look for people experiencing them. Some people like to accuse those who experience side effects of reading forums and only then saying they too have side effects. With me, I saw the side effects and never read about them before, then found other members experiencing the same thing. I believe minoxidil can definitely age the skin and give you dark circles if you use too much, like more 5% or use more than 2ML of 5% per day. If it doesn't do it to you, well it's just like fin doesn't affect me but it affects others.

When I used Dr Lee's 15% or something like that, had azelaic acid and I think also like a percentage of fin, that was when it was even more noticeable. I think it's not wise to use more than 5%, or use too much of 5% in a day.

These studies that show that minoxidil does not age the skin, that's great, what can I say. I won't call them liars, but I will say I experienced it and i'm not a liar either, and i'm a huge fan of minoxidil solution. It has done a lot for me. Even by itself it saved my hair by stopping the hair loss. Kirkland's 5% is a savior, so cheap too, it worked so well. I'm 3 months in.