+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Artista and patieny waiting did u guys faced shedding while using minox and if yes then when the shedding got stopped??? in how many weeks or months??? i am curious to know cause i am using minox since last 2 months but still shedding heavily....

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Hello there Alam962!
    To respond to your question:
    "...did u guys faced shedding while using minox and if yes then when the shedding got stopped?"

I have been on minoxidil since November of 2015 and I personally have NOT experienced any type of shedding that you mentioned.
    Alam' you say that you have shedding.
    Could you possibly show 'before and after' photos of your scalp to show that you are truly experiencing that?
    Hopefully you are not stressed out over anything bro.

Quote Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
    When I used Dr Lee's 15% or something like that, had azelaic acid and I think also like a percentage of fin, that was when it was even more noticeable. I think it's not wise to use more than 5%, or use too much of 5% in a day.

These studies that show that minoxidil does not age the skin, that's great, what can I say. I won't call them liars, but I will say I experienced it and i'm not a liar either, and i'm a huge fan of minoxidil solution. It has done a lot for me. Even by itself it saved my hair by stopping the hair loss. Kirkland's 5% is a savior, so cheap too, it worked so well. I'm 3 months in.
    Safe dosing is very important. As you said early you only experienced the skin altering effects when you were taking too much. Since everything i've found has only tested currently approved concentrations, what you say could very well be true. In the study conducted on the man who developed acromegally, his skin underwent alot of changes. I think they even speculated that the long term use of a high dose of oral minoxidil caused collagen to increase by alot, this is not something you want. They speculated that perhaps the cell population that was resistent to minox inhibitory effects grew rapidly. So yeah too much of anything is bad, and you give good advice on proper dosing. I should say that oral minoxidil does not apply to this topic, I think there is a very good chance oral minoxi can cause negative effects on the skin.

Quote Originally Posted by dm90 View Post
    Safe dosing is very important. As you said early you only experienced the skin altering effects when you were taking too much. Since everything i've found has only tested currently approved concentrations, what you say could very well be true. In the study conducted on the man who developed acromegally, his skin underwent alot of changes. I think they even speculated that the long term use of a high dose of oral minoxidil caused collagen to increase by alot, this is not something you want. They speculated that perhaps the cell population that was resistent to minox inhibitory effects grew rapidly. So yeah too much of anything is bad, and you give good advice on proper dosing. I should say that oral minoxidil does not apply to this topic, I think there is a very good chance oral minoxi can cause negative effects on the skin.
    DM great find. Do not leave this forum. We need more scientific minded people like yourself.

What is your full regimen btw?

As of right now I've been on fin 1.25 mg every day for about 5-6 years. However I just began adding 0.5mg dut everyday. While my hairloss isnt detectable, I'm slowly strengthening my regiment to what I consider a "functional" cure. After I'm going to add RU after I dut reaches a steady state and wait six months. The goal of this is to see how my hair reacts when ALL androgen stimuli are removed. After that point I will add 10% compounded minoxidil with 0.1 hydrocortisone. 10% once a day should technically be as good as 5% twice a day and the added hydrocortisone is to maximize the phenol sulfatransferase activity. I'm adding these one at a time so I can decide if one medication is really making the difference. Dut will take care of 98% type 2 in the dermal papilla, RU will prevent whats left from binding to the AR. This regime theoretically makes hairloss impossible, but some may disagree with me. Also this won't leave anything standing in minoxidil's way IF i'm a responder if nothing changes then I am absolutely not a minoxidil responder. My hairloss is rather "minor" due to jumping on fin at 20, however this is more of a test born from curiosity. I want to see how effective a combination this strong is. All my medications are purchased at legitimate US pharmacies.

Quote Originally Posted by dm90 View Post
    As of right now I've been on fin 1.25 mg every day for about 5-6 years. However I just began adding 0.5mg dut everyday. While my hairloss isnt detectable, I'm slowly strengthening my regiment to what I consider a "functional" cure. After I'm going to add RU after I dut reaches a steady state and wait six months. The goal of this is to see how my hair reacts when ALL androgen stimuli are removed. After that point I will add 10% compounded minoxidil with 0.1 hydrocortisone. 10% once a day should technically be as good as 5% twice a day and the added hydrocortisone is to maximize the phenol sulfatransferase activity. I'm adding these one at a time so I can decide if one medication is really making the difference. Dut will take care of 98% type 2 in the dermal papilla, RU will prevent whats left from binding to the AR. This regime theoretically makes hairloss impossible, but some may disagree with me. Also this won't leave anything standing in minoxidil's way IF i'm a responder if nothing changes then I am absolutely not a minoxidil responder. My hairloss is rather "minor" due to jumping on fin at 20, however this is more of a test born from curiosity. I want to see how effective a combination this strong is. All my medications are purchased at legitimate US pharmacies.
    Strong regimen. Are you adding the dut to your daily fin? I assume you're taking dut .5mg daily since you reference 98% 5ar inhibition, correct?

Let me know how your RU trial goes. What strength RU solution will you use? Ppg/ethanol vehicle or using stemox?

I've recently been looking at using murray Ave apothecary for compounded minox but they don't offer 10%. Who do you plan on using?

Ever thought about adding a sod like tricomin or folligen? What about niz? You would have pretty much all proven bases covered:
    -internal 5ar inhibitor
    -topical anti androgen
    -growth stim
    -sod
    -anti inflammatory/antiandrogen shampoo

Yeah, I started adding 0.5 mg dut, haven't stopped taking fin, although its completely unnecessary to take both there is also no harm in it and I like consistency LOL. I believe that 98% inhibition is crucial for this regiment.

I am still debating on whether or not I will use 50mg or just maximize the dose to 100mg, I have all the materials I'll just take some further thought. Ill be using the ppg/ethanol vehicle

As for murrays I plan on using the 12.5 with the hydrocortison addition. 25mg extra topical minoxidil daily is just like adding 0.5ml more to your scalp, lots of people do this and some minoxidil never makes it through the scalp so I dont expect any problem with this.

There are a couple studies showing copper peptides to be quite effective at stimulating hair growth. Personally I think they work I just have zero experience with them. (a side note, i may be adding melatonin to the minoxidil, this would cover the oxidative stress aspect of hairloss)

Hopefully the hydrocortisone takes care of the inflammation and the dut/RU take care of the androgen aspect. However to be honest the only reason I dont use KETO shampoos like nizoral is because they are impossible to find in stores where i live :/

Oh and I nearly forgot, and I feel this is potentially pretty big news. Hellouser recorded Dr. Andy Goren giving his presentation on minixodil response test in women and theres some promising news in the presentation. This thread went more or less ignored because most people write minoxidil off as ineffective for them. However starting at around 10:25 he explains they discovered patients who did not respond to minxoidil had about 1/2 the necessary amount of sulfatransferase enzymatic activity. More importantly he then explains that doubling the dose would probably cause a non responder to respond.

well the site wont let me post the video but just google andy goren female minoxidil and start at 10:25. Theoretically if hydrocortisone really upregulates sulfatransferase as much as the study I found, you wont even need to up the dose.

Is hydrocortisone safe for daily use for potentially decades as a topical?

Also if you're in the states any big chain pharmacy or big box store should habe niz. Or order online?

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21771098 at 1% twice daily no dermal atrophy was observed however the study was only conducted for 4 weeks. The compounded minoxidil only uses 0.1%. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8077298 apparently 20nM, or nano moles, achieves the greatest increase of sulfatransferase upregulation. 0.1% has 1mg which is about 2700000 nano moles. So technically this should exceed the dose for maximum upregulation by 135,000x while being only 1/20th of the dose shown NOT to show dermal atrophy.